Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

2/07/2010

Birthday Spanking

Friday was my 55th birthday.  Master and T sent flowers to school which then caused my kiddos to sing -- very sweet.  I got presents and we went out for dinner early in the evening as a major storm was blowing into town.  It had been a busy day, and a very long week, and we were all tired, so we came home and bundled in for the night -- safe and warm in the midst of the snow and wind.

No birthday spanking on the day.  We talked about it just briefly, but we're old enough that sometimes there just isn't energy in the moment. 

But Master is a birthday spanking traditionalist, and in the years that I've been with Him, I've come to subscribe at some level to His belief in the importance of the annual birthday spanking.  While different cultures around the world observe the anniversary of a child's birth in a variety of ways, here in the U.S., the most common traditions entail birthday cake, candles, gifts, the singing of our commonly shared "Happy Birthday" song, and oftentimes -- a spanking.  Some children receive birthday "spankings", which were originally based on superstition, but are now more of a birthday prank or a joke. Hundreds of years ago, spankings were given for each year of the birthday child's life. Beyond that number, a child received another spanking to grow on, one to live on, one to eat on, one to be happy on, and yet another spanking to get married on. At one time, it was considered back luck if the birthday celebrant was not spanked because it was believed to "soften up the body for the tomb."

It is that belief that the spanking is necessary to ensure good luck in the coming year that is at the center of celebrating birthdays with Himself.  A birthday spanking assures good luck, and the more intense the spanking, the more luck one might expect -- so the business of counting years is just not IT.  Stopping at just 55 would not provide sufficient spanking to generate much in the way of luck after all.  I've bought into all of that to the degree that last year, when no birthday spanking occured (in the midst of traveling to Winter Wickedness and preparing for the impending challenge of dual bariatric surgeries), I noticed and sort of whined about it here

Yup.  Last year I had no birthday spanking, and wow -- did we have a run of miserable luck or what?!?!?!

Well.  He made sure that will not be an issue this year.  I had my birthday spanking yesterday, and it was plenty intense enough, thank you very much.  I'd actually been wanting it; looking forward to it; anticipating it.  I was happy when, after I'd graded papers for what seemed like hours and hours, He set up to take me OTK and spank me.  Although I struggled with panic at the very beginning, I did get settled in fairly quickly, and somewhere in the morning, I floated off into subspace where the sensations come at me from some different level...  In the end, He has me over the end of the couch, and continued with more hand spanking and more paddles and then... the evil switchy thing that I just hate.  HATE.  It hurts.  Miserably.  More than that it makes me furious.  Sigh.  Oh well.  He likes it so there it is.  Suffice it to say, I better have some damn good luck this coming year. 

For those of you who come here for this sort of thing, here are the obligatory butt pictures, and one of me still mired in misery and absolute fury: 

swan



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.