Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

2/13/2010

There is no "I" in Slavery

I...I...I...I ...I...I ... I...I... I ...I ...I ...I ...I ...I ...I...I ...I ...I ...I ... I ...I ...I ...I ... I ...I ...I ...I ... I ...I ...I ...I ...I ...I ...I ...I ...I ...I ...I ...I ...I ...I ...I ... I ...I ...I...I... I...I ...I ...I ...I ...I ... I ...I ...I ...I... I ...I...I ...I ...I ...I ... I ...I ... I... I...I ...I ...I ...I … I ...I ....I ... I

How's that for a bit of fancy editorial distillation?  Take all of that stuff that came off these blogs over the last five years, and eliminate all the extraneous words until all there is left is that bounty of the personal pronoun.

So the very first, and perhaps most telling insight from the blog archives is simply that -- there is an awful lot of self-absorbed focus on "the slave."

If any of what has been written has validity; if there is any truth in this volume of words; if there is something here that is of value going forward,  then that has to change.  That should have changed long ago.  It is time, now, to eliminate "I" from this place. 

swan

4 comments:

  1. I think its valid to understand that there's a focus on self when writing about one's feelings with regularity. I think that the focus on the Dominant in a slave's life is valid too...but I also think its rather unrealistic to make I'ness disappear entirely or to not be a tangible presence here or anywhere in your life. Tangible presence has I'ness in it. You are human and will always have needs and feelings and will need a place to discharge them...because that is a part of the process of shifting from the small ego to the universal one...which is what I think is a more realistic and manageable goal. When we can step out of that small self and become encompassing and aware and full of gratitude and compassion a natural sense of service, authenticity and generosity moves forward.

    For me, that's not really about slavery. That's a state of awareness of true Self...something that is holy...but that true Self includes the small self. It holds this smallest part of self in love and compassion and doesn't wish it to not exist. It is a valid viewpoint of reality and your life.

    I know I just got kinda esoteric on you...but I guess I feel that your pendulum is swinging toward you being harsh with yourself swan. Venting is just a part of your process of emotional wellness. I just think you need that process and that it doesn't make you a bad slave or a self absorbed one. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will not eliminate your "I" from this Blog.......anymore than you will from your slavery. I demanded you begin this Blog to express your "I" and to connect to others (both of which you have done tremendously admirably.)

    It is your "I" that I love and cherish. My joy in having you as my slave is that I have enslaved your "I".

    If the issue is that you are overly self-absorbed, then that realization an awareness of your "I". If you need to be more other directed (that "other" being me) then that to is about your "I" being directed more towards me.

    I will always have your
    "I" in my life. That is not a prediction of the future. It is a mandate.....one to which your "I" will respond, "Yes, Sir, I will not forget this again." And then you will comply.

    I love you.

    Mine Always and All Ways,

    Tom

    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Sir -- I will not forget this again.

    swan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impish16:40 PM

    Wow. What an amazing thing to be privy to this exchange. I read your post with concern and dismay, and before I could respond with some thoughts and discussion, there is your master making things crystal clear.

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.