Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

2/24/2010

More than Fluff

Thursday, friends, will be a challenging day for us.
There are intense political forces at play within the board of Master's agency.  Powered by the financial concerns that have been generated by our current economic climate, there are those who with a short-term view, and perhaps an axe or two to grind, would urge decisions which will hamstring the work of His very dedicated staff. 

He, powerful as He is, has limited capacity to fend off the wolves who would ravage the organization that has been His life and work and mission for some 30 years.  Ignorance and vindictiveness might prevail, and the Executive Director must carefully navigate the turbulent waters, mindful that He is "employee" to the board. 

I have served on that self-same board for many years.  Quietly.  Unobtrusively.  Content to contribute in small and humble and barely noticed ways.  I have offered opinions.  I have advocated for our cause.  I have worked to move the whole endeavor forward by the efforts of my hands, mind, and heart.  I have not sought positions of leadership, and I have eschewed the things that might bring me to notice.

Thursday night, that will change.  Those who come to dismantle what has been built will encounter a woman in the full possession of her personal power.  I do not often choose to exercise that power -- but it still remains mine to wield.  The mild-mannered, and soft-spoken school teacher will vanish, and the strong, self-possesed, confident, and indefatigable woman will emerge. 

I am not their employee.  I am their peer.  I am more than an equal among equals.  I have time and standing to speak where those who lack my years do not.  I will speak.  I will go to battle for this agency, this vision, this mission.  I will insist.  I will be adamant.  They will hear my voice and feel my steely will.  I will face down the board president.  I will teach those who are new and young and so very sure of their rightness.  There will be an accounting.

I'll not be a fluffy bit of ornamental frippery on Thursday night.  I'll be what He needs me to be.  And so I will prove my value to my Master.  If you are one who can channel powerful and supportive energies, then be with me on Thursday evening.  I need you all.

swan

13 comments:

  1. you know i will be sitting on your shoulder - cheering you on.......

    go girl !!! you rock !!

    morningstar (owned by Warren)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be there, sending waves of power, surrounded by baby love! :)

    You go, girl! Give em your best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for it, good for you.

    Love.
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so appreciate and need your support, but your value is a known fact, and not anything that needs to be proved.

    I love you,

    Mine Always and All Ways,

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll be right there with you in spirit my dear friend.

    love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. sweetsassyT4:16 PM

    It is happening everywhere. There is no magic wand to wave to suddenly bring wonder profits back and many 'Boards' are still in shock and denial. They are sure there is a 'better' something to be had. Regardless, it is not about good arguments and strength and foresight or anything that used to matter. Follow the money, Swan. Understand the financial implications. Bring the accounting data, and rule from there. There is no big vision these days, only steady dollars. Think IBM, Swan. No one ever got fired for picking IBM. Find the middle ground and stand there. Leave the heroics for another day. Will be thinking of you...Bonne chance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Impish15:29 PM

    I stand with you both. Hope all goes well. These are difficult times indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending thoughts of strength, courage and clarity to you. Also, as tempers flare, may you be blessed with calmness and rationality.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Positive energy on the way for the greater good of all!!!
    Best of luck to you..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just a quick word to all of you who have had us "in the light" on this night. This meeting which seemed likely to be terribly difficult and dangerous went in a much different direction. The issues are not all resolved, but it now feels as if we will be able to steer things in a positive direction. Lots of direct contact work done prior to tonight's meeting seems to have paid off, and He and I are both home feelng relieved if seriously tired.

    Thank you all so much for standing with us this night. I do believe that you helped us carry the day.

    hugs, swan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Impish18:27 AM

    I'm so glad it went better than anticipated. These are trying times, but people of substance continue with hope, hard work and strength of purpose to soldier on. This will get us through to better days. Still thinking of you as you work on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was very kind of you to update us. I'd been wondering...

    o.g.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad for the update!! And glad that things are better than you thought. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.