Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

3/15/2010

A Night with Bob Dylan



Master will be 61 years old next month.  His coming of age experience was shaped by the Vietnam War, and His intense and passionate opposition and resistance to U.S. government policies about that conflict.  For Him, the music of that era can still be powerfully evocative.  It moves Him in ways that are far, far beyond merely nostalgic. 

Late last night, He told me that He'd like to sit and listen to the Bob Dylan musical anthology that we have, and so I loaded the CD player with three discs containing just about everything that Dylan ever did.  It's a lot of music, and for me, much of it is outside the realm of my early memories.  When Dylan first appeared on the music scene, I was only 4 or 5 years old, and even the works that made him very famous in the mid to late 60's were not part of my consciousness at the age of 10 or 11. 

But, I like it.  I do.  I appreciate the literate/poetic quality of Dylan's work, and some of the more well-known parts of his repertoire are surely familiar to me.  Those bits that I don't really recognize or remember, He is more than able to explain to me -- and He can surround the music with a wealth of context that makes the experience even richer.

In the first hour or so last night, the music made Him mellow, and fired Him to a romanticism that is pretty rare.  With Dylan wailing away in the background, He pulled me to Him for a kiss and then another, and another.  Deep, passionate, breathless kisses.  It was wonderful! 

It isn't that we don't kiss.  We do.  But that sort of kiss that is ABOUT kissing is pretty rare.  This was amazing, and took me back in my memory to the earliest days of our relationship when He essentially taught me to kiss.  What a revelation it was to me, after nearly three decades of marriage, to discover that kissing could be such an intimate, erotic, pleasurable experience.  I'd never really been kissed much prior to that.  In my experience, kisses were pecks -- chaste and pretty perfunctory gestures between myself and my husband.  I had no idea what I was missing.  I didn't know about the kind of kissing Master wanted from me in the beginning, and it was an awkward bit of time while I figured out how to simply relax and give myself up to His powerful and passionate kisses. 

That's the good news about our evening with Bob Dylan.  He gave us the joy and simple pleasure of being together as lovers. 

Later, things got much darker and more difficult, but that is for another post.  For now, I want to capture the joyful and playful moments that we shared.

swan

5 comments:

  1. i have a feeling i am closer to Raheretic's age than you are dear swan (lol) cause Dylan was my favourite ever singer/composer..

    and i was in university in the late 60's ......... god i feel old !!!

    i am so glad you had that special time with Him.... treasure it :)

    morningstar

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely story about your relationship. *smiles* I'm glad you shared it.

    Sending you all hugs! Thinking of you, though I've been quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially relate to your Master. The more I read about him and by him, the more I realize we have in common. Because I lacked some understanding of what was happening in the States after 3 years overseas, I spent the first couple of years back just trying to figure out life for me. But when one of my senior classmates, very talented, took a year off from Julliard School of Music to earn some living expenses-got drafted and killed, I became a rabid anti-war person, which wasn't simple in the midwest. I also fell in love with Bob Dylan even before then. Some of his work had the feeling of angst that I was unable to articulate for myself. I may just have to get that collection for my Christmas present (very early) to me.
    Love, Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny, my son was playing Bob Dylan last night, he loves some of his music.

    Thanks for sharing this lovely story about your relationship.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx w

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.