Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

1/03/2011

First Day Back to Work

I DID IT!!!! Went the full 8 hours, then had a blood test, then drove to Mom's for a brief visit......and I am still doing just fine! I was worried that I would be ready for a nap around 1pm, but not at all! And while I was at work, I was listening to one of our favorite singer/songwriters, Mary Chapin Carpenter. This song came on and I sat and got all teary because it is so very much "Now".....

Jubilee (Mary Chapin Carpenter)

I can tell by the way you're walking
That you don't want company
I'll let you alone and I'll let you walk on
And in your own good time you'll be
Back where the sun can find you
Under the wise wishing tree
And with all of them made, we'll lie under the shade
And call it a jubilee

And I can tell by the way you're talking
That the past isn't letting you go
But there's only so long you can take it all on
And then the wrong's gotta be on it's own
And when you're ready to leave it behind you
You'll look back, and all that you'll see
Is the wreckage and rust that you left in the dust
On your way to the jubilee

And I can tell by the way you're listening
That you're still expecting to hear
Your name being called like a summons to all
Who have failed to account for their doubts and their fears
They can't add up to much without you
And so if it were just up to me
I'd take hold of your hand, saying come hear the band
Play your song at the jubilee

And I can tell by the way you're searching
For something you can't even name
That you haven't been able to come to the table
Simply glad that you came
And when you feel like this try to imagine
That we're all like fragile boats on the sea
Just scanning the night for that great guiding light
Announcing the jubilee

And I can tell by the way you're standing
With your eyes filling with tears
That it's habit alone keeps you turning for home
Even though your home is right here
Where the people who love you are gathered
Under the wise wishing tree
May we all be considered then straight on delivered
Down to the jubilee

'Cause the people who love you are waiting
And they'll wait just as long as need be
When we look back and say those were halcyon days
We're talking 'bout jubilee

I do so love me some MCC......and I love my family even mores and mores

t

9 comments:

  1. I am so glad your first day back at work went so well!! Terrific news..... keep on improving..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Props to being positive about the first day back to work after your time off!! That's an accomplishment in and of itself....There are more than a few occasions I have thought "I should be more like T" and here it is again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so happy for you. Blessings to all the Clan too! Sending you warm thoughts as always...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats t on your first day back and making it all the way through! What a perfect song. Hope you can all celebrate your jubilee soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:10 PM

    glad you had a good first day back at work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Those lyrics are amazing! What a little jewel to find.

    Congrats on the return to work and the successful outcome of your knee surgery.

    jojo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Impish12:56 PM

    Wonderful, something to celebrate for sure. I, too am a big Mary Chapin Carpenter fan...she's meaningful, soulful, and sometimes just naughty fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh. Wow. Those lyrics really hit, don't they? Thank you so much for posting them :)

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.