Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

11/29/2005

Happy Nanaversary Babe

A little more than 7 years ago today a good friend contacted me and told me there was a man moving to Cincy. He was broken. His marriage was dissolving and his job had moved. He was relocating to an unknown community. He was a good guy with a great heart and never stopped talking. And she said he needed a friend. She told me to contact him. "Sure, I will when I get a chance." Was my response.... And a few days later she asked me if I had contacted him, and I hadn't, "Too busy" was my reply. She said I really needed to get in touch with this man and I said I would. And a week later she tracked me down and asked me again...and again....well, you get the drift, right? Well, she, being the Dominant that she is, said "Stop talking to me and write the damned email RIGHT NOW!!!"......so I did. And got a response from Tom. He was relocating to Cincy that week and starting his new job the following Monday and maybe we could meet that Sunday for dinner.

I had given up the search for the "ring and the white picket fence". I was destine to share a home with my best friend/mom and our cat. And I had figured that was ok. I had worked a difficult career and gave it up to come home. I was tired. I was not looking for anything more than a potential play-partner and friend. Someone for an occasional dinner and movie.... BOY! Was I wrong!!

We met the Sunday after he returned from a depressing trip back to visit his family for Thanksgiving. Half way between our two homes at an Olive Garden. We met at 6pm and left the restaurant at 10:30pm, after many glances from servers trying to go home, since they closed at 10. We talked about anything and everything. We had our entire lives in common. We found that my career followed him around as I traveled. I worked 9mos. about 1hr away from where he was born. He lived about 15mins. away from me when he was in high school and I was in grade school. His Dad and my Mom worked in the same building for several years. I lived in the same town with his parents for over a year during my travels. And finally, during my last stint as a restaurant manager, I probably assisted with their family for several meals, as I was managing a restaurant in the town where he and his family lived for many years and the restaurant was one of their favorites. Yet we had never met until that evening...but it seemed we had been together forever.

We spent weekends together. I lived in a town about an hour away and would work Monday thru' Friday and leave from work on Friday with the car packed with treats for Tom. And on Sunday evening, after dinner, I would drive back home to start it all over again.... and cry all the way home. He kept asking me to move in. And I kept saying "No." You see, he was not very comfortable alone. I didn't want to be a rebound. I wanted him to see that it was ok to be alone. That it wasn't so bad to have private time. And to know that I would always come back. Then, when he finally got comfy, I was offered a transfer to his town.....and I moved. We have been together ever since.

I am not lying when I say that Tom saved my life. We have discussed that before, but I owe my "Everything" to him. He give me strength when I just want to lay down. He has the most infectious laugh, it lights up the room. The best place in the entire world is snuggled in his arms, resting against his chest. My hand on his heart.

I am home. I am loved.

One of my favorite songs is "Sleep" by Melissa Etheridge

After your laughter like thunder
After your skin like coffee and cream
After it takes our bodies into the night
After we've come to the extreme

I want to lay down on your shoulder
Just inside your arm
I want to listen to your heart beat
And your breathing on and on
I want to lay down on your shoulder
Surrender to your peace
And go to sleep

And when we've gone a million miles
Made true our dreams with sweat and bone
After we've built it up with our bare hands
Made strong a place we can call home

I want to lay down on your shoulder
Just inside your arm
I want to listen to your heartbeat
And your breathing on and on
I want to lay down on your shoulder
Surrender to the peace
And go to sleep

And when the light in my eye is fading
When running water becomes too deep
Finally angels turn my fire to dust
And when my soul's no longer mine to keep

I want to lay down on your shoulder
Just inside your arm
I want to listen to your heartbeat
And your breathing on and on
I want to lay down on your shoulder
Surrender to the peace
And just go to sleep

Mores & Mores,
T

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:43 PM

    How very beautiful. Congratulations to all of you. You have such a way with words and so much emotion shows when you write about those you love that I can only imagine what they must feel when they read it themselves.
    Truly beautiful.

    magdala~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:32 PM

    Thank you T, that's beautiful.
    Life is strange like that, my love and I were born two streets apart in a city, it took us eighteen years to meet, it was worth the wait.
    Nearly thirty-two years of love and steadfast companionship, may yours be the same.
    Hugs. :-)
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pet and I have a similar "star crossed" kind of story that made for very easy courtship.

    As such, your post brought me to a sweet place. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your Anniversary! And a wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.