Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

7/05/2007

Summertime

One of the things that happens for us, as the summer moves us along, is that we settle into a rhythm with one another that feels more reasonable and organic. Once the wildness of the school year ends, and the exhaustion fades a bit, He and I tend to find a kind of ease that tends to elude us during the stringently time regulated days of the school year. We sleep later and stay awake into the later hours of the evening. We find a calmer pace to our love making and our play. We are prone to let our bodies drive what we do instead of forcing it into the schedule dictated by the calendar.



I get spanked more in the summer time. But we don't feel frantic about it either. It doesn't have to happen today -- or tomorrow. The tides can rise and fall as they do, and He and I can ride the swells without anxiety or pressure. It feels completely easy, for example, to wake in the early morning, like today, when He went to snuggle with T, and ask Him if He'd have time to spank me later on -- to hear Him assure me that of course He would...



It seems OK to have that spanking, when it came, be exactly whatever it would be -- as easy as difficult without having it need to be loaded with all kinds of weight born of time pressures. We were given the grace of simply having it be an interlude for us without an agenda. What a pure joy that feels to me just now.



I'm still hoping for some "kinds" of sessions. Special "events" that don't happen much in the busy times of the year, like a session on the flogging frame someday, but the summer is far from over. There is still time ahead of us. I feel good about what has been and what is still to come.



swan

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:42 AM

    "We were given the grace of simply having it be an interlude for us without an agenda."

    Oh my goodness, that's it!! Those are the words I've been searching for to describe exactly how it feels now with M. The reality of it all rather than just 'meeting up to play'.

    I seem to spend a lot of my time saying thank you to you these days dear swan... but many of your postings are like little gifts to us in cyberia.

    love and hugs to all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting invitation, Mike. I filled out the interview and hit the submit button and then it just sat there and refused to take it.

    swan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:24 PM

    Thoroughly enjoyed Sat. night’s chat, even if I didn’t have much to add.

    Hope there are more visitors on next time.

    Please apologise to Sly. (‘Sly”! I feel that I have been admitted into the inner circle.) I truly believe that Methodist can read. Also thank Tom for being so polite. It wasn’t till I watched the News that I discovered that the hapless Indians trounced my, even more hapless, Blue Jays. Your grotesquely over paid idiots out played my grotesquely over paid idiots. Bet they can’t do it again to day!

    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jack, it was great to have you join us last night and welcome to the "inner circle."

    I couldn't agree more with your assertion about Methodists. I had proffered that a Methodist was a Baptist who learned to read.....thus I was vouching for their literacy. I just added that a Presbyterian was a Methodist who went to college and an Episcopalian was a Prebyterian whose investments turned out well:) So much for last nights intensive theological discourse.

    As for the grotesquely overapid idots, you have the wrong idiots. Our idiots are the Reds. We are at the other end of Ohio and BTW, our idots have demonstrated their ability to be beaten by every team they've faced again and again.

    All the best:)

    Tom

    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.