Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

9/04/2008

Awash in Spanking Energy

I don't know what exactly has prompted it, but I am having a huge thunder storm of spanking energy. I am thinking about spanking constantly. I think about potentially spanking all the women I encounter. I have written here before that my sensual erotic orientation to spanking is the primary aspect of my very active libido, but for whatever reason it appears particularly high right now. I've been thinking about writing here about spanking and the stream of consciousness that is effecting me, but it's like trying to figure out when to jump onto an out of control Ferris wheel trying to decide where to begin.

I ran across a question in a YAHOO questions forum dealing with whether paddles with holes were superior to solid paddles for spanking. It was clear that the questioner and the readers were pretty much ignorant about paddling, it's risks, techniques, or how to begin to compare and contrast this questions pros and cons. I wrote the following response. Having invested that much time and energy in writing this response, I decided to chronicle it here. If it is of any use or edification to you as you read it, that's icing on the cake. For right now it gives me something to do with my "spanking energy" other than beleaguering poor sue (who I'm sure is in for an enactment of this post as our week ends and we FINALLY have some unstructured time together.) Here it is:

I'm going to respond to this as man who has thirty years plus experience as a practitioner of adult consensual spanking. There are two primary aspects to this question. One is spanking effectiveness. The other is safety of the person who is spanked. Spanking effectiveness is greatly enhanced by the use of a paddle as opposed to, for example, a simple hand spanking. The resulting burn and sting is greatly enhanced when a paddling is administered. The sensations are far more long lasting as well. When used on the bare bottom, paddles are immensely more effective than through clothing. Additionally, being to able to directly observe the effects of a paddle on bare skin, greatly enhances the ability to minimize potential harm to the spankee.

The effectiveness of spankings is as least as much about emotional aspects of the spanking, as it is about the intensity of the sensations inflicted. Total or partial nudity greatly increases a spankee's sense of vulnerability and embarrassment. The sound of a paddle strike is very emotionally impactful, as it is immediately followed by an atrocious stinging that worsens and worsens for several seconds. The spankee dreads the sound of the next impact and the even greater subsequent sensation. The appearance of a paddle adds greatly to the impact of a spanking. Paddles with holes are far more anxiety provoking for most spankees than solid (non-holed) paddles. Thus paddles with holes are more effective both in increased sensation and in serving to "frighten" the spankee.

Paddles are fraught with safety issues. A paddle is, in its crudest form, a club. They should be used very carefully. Paddle size and thickness is a very big concern. The classic fraternity or sorority paddle is a common example of paddles that are truly dangerous. If those who used to paddle sorority/fraternity pledges had had some experience and skill in spanking them, perhaps that aspect of hazing would still be permitted on campuses. There are myriad horror stories of young men and women pledges who were literally beaten with paddles with resulting deep tissue bruising, internal injuries, and even broken bones (it is easy to break a tail bone with a paddle if you do not know what you are doing.) If one looks at photos of fraternity/sorority paddling, you will see huge "boards" several feet long, a half inch to an inch thick, grasped by a paddler with both hands who is 'winding up" and striking as if he/she was trying to hit a home run in a baseball game. This is a situation that is guaranteed to provide a hugely traumatic beating, with high potential for serious deep muscle and tissue bruising and likely other serious injury. It goes way beyond what should be considered "spanking."Paddles should be no thicker than 3/8 inches, and preferably a 1/4 inch thick. I prefer paddles made of lexan (a dense very tough plastic material). Wood has no "give" to it. A 1/4 inch or 3/16 inch thick lexan paddle will sting atrociously and has a degree of flexibility which will minimize bruising and tissue damage. It will not do muscle bruising unless applied in an extreme manner.If a paddle with holes is to be used, the holes should have beveled edges (i. e., they should be counter sunk when drilling them.) Regular "hard edged" holes tend to create a pattern of round welts all over the the spanked bottom as the flesh of the bottom surges through the holes when the paddle strikes it. If the holes have the less defined edges of the bevel edged holes the flesh surging through the holes is less traumatized but the spankee still "benefits" from the enhanced sensation the holed paddle creates as opposed to a solid paddle.

I give paddlings that result in a very red, hot, welted, and slightly (surface) bruised bottom. The spankee will have experienced atrociously unbearable stinging burning pain. She will have been brought to tears and will have begged for the spanking to end long before it is completed. Her bottom will be painful for days afterwards. She will not have deep muscle bruising or injuries and her bottom will be fine again in a week.I hope this sheds some light on this question from the perspective of someone with a "professional" level of experience regarding this topic.

Raheretic

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.

3 comments:

  1. Great comment--educational, very useful and well wriitten. Thanks for sharing it here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good to me, if I could just experience it again, grin!

    Hil

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! "poor sue..." Sir, I will be beleaguered by You anytime that the opportunity arises, and be glad for the event. Well, OK, maybe I'll be glad after the event, but You KNOW what I mean. My occasional "freak out" notwithstanding, I absolutely believe in the connection that is born between us when we can come together and "spank" as we like.

    I'd agree, from my perspective, about the issues related to paddles and safety. As I've aged, and become more aware of my creaky old bones, I am also much more aware of the potential for an errant paddle strike to really injure. That does, in fact, add a level of fear to an encounter with any paddle of consequence.

    There's a wealth of information about the varieties of sensation arising from different paddle materials, weights, designs, and thicknesses. Combined with the particulars of the bottom partner: state of dress or undress, position, emotional state, and overall general sense of wellness, paddling offers up an almost unlimited potential for varying experiences. Most often, for me at least, paddling is atrociously painful and difficult, but that is our way. Even given that, I've experienced the occasional sensual paddling. Surely, those are more intense than some other types of "sensual" impact play, but way less so than the more usual paddling that is intended to be wickedly painful.

    I doubt that I'll ever "love" paddles. I believe that I will always struggle to "get there" for a paddling. I am never sure if that reality is "OK," but it is my consistent truth. Hopefully, the fact that I do "get there" (mostly) serves.

    I love You.
    Yours always and all ways.
    swan

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.