Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

9/28/2008

Healing

There are things that we usually don't talk about.

SM play, of the sort that we engage in, can result in bruising and welts and blistering. I almost always experience some skin breakage and bleeding. I am generally unable to tell if that has occured or not. The breakage doesn't hurt any worse than the rest of it most of the time.

But damange does take time to heal. I'm pretty quick to heal for the most part. It's usually a matter of days before I'm all healed up and left without any visible signs of the damage done.


I'm pretty much there today. This spanking over the ottoman was on September 23. Today, on the 28th, I am just fine except that there are places that itch. That itch is such an interesting phenomenon. It is the sure sign that healing is well along. It is the siren call that brings me back to the awareness of how long it has been. It is a signal that my body has once again done what it needs to do to effect the repairs so that we can go at it again.
I've read, over the years, all kinds of theories about how to prevent or reduce the level of bruising and injury resulting from heavy impact play. People who do this sort of thing swear by things like arnica and aloe and cocoa butter and a host of other pedestrian or exotic elixers. Mostly, I've learned that there is really very little that I need to do to cause healing to occur. It does. The wonder of the body's remarkable resilience is that, left to its own devices, my relatively healthy body does the needed work, and all returns to a state of well-being in short order.
It is a cycle that has become familiar and reassuring over the years. From wellness to pain to tenderness and injury to healing and readiness again. And all in its own time, even as I cruise along tending to a whole host of other stuff.
Just so.
swan

6 comments:

  1. Yikes Swan,

    That looks so much worse up close! I've heard about all those remedies for brusing too but they never seemed to help me much. You look fair skinned as am I so I think its even worse for us. The thing is though that you say you wait to heal to play again. I dont have that option as the dynamics here are much different. When my behind looks like that (which it has many times over the years) I try my best not to aggravate my husband as to me there is no worse pain (except maybe childbirth) than getting punished again when Im already so bruised. I think the biggest thing is though that although I love being submissive to my husband and couldnt imagine living any other way I do my best to avoid getting myself punished. I dont do such a good job though as my temper is my own worst enemy. I always think what would happen if I looked like that and I had to go to the hospital for an emergency. Such a stupid thing I know but I cant help it. Once again Swan, thank for a great post.

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been experiencing itching sometimes of late with some spankings. I thought it was just me. LOL! Glad to know its normal....*grins*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne -- I can assure you that, if I were to incur a "punishment" spanking, the surface condition of my butt would have no impact at all on the procedings. The truth is that ours is not a "disciplinary" dynamic. We engage in BDSM which includes spanking and other forms of play as a significant element. While I do, sometimes, screw up and earn punishment, that is a rare occurence. It, btw, would leave me far more lividly marked than this "play" spanking did. So, we do almost always have the luxury of choosing when we'll play (sometimes we simply don't have the time to get to it amy more frequently), and that means that most of the time, I heal up in between.

    swan

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only say that I think this pic is SO HOT. I love you my swan and I can't wait to mark you again.

    Tom

    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:50 AM

    In the beginning I was probably one of those who tried all sorts of different things to speed up the healing process. Now, I have come to appreciate that any form of healing, whether of mind, body or spirit, usually will simply take its own time.

    love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.