Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

9/27/2009

Master Report

Master feels way better these days. He moves and walks and bends and has lots and lots more energy than He did back before the surgery. The loss of 121 pounds has unveiled a whole new Guy, and He is a handful!

There was a time, when weighing in at something over 300 pounds, He never moved if He didn't have to. That huge burden of weight made His knees ache and His back hurt. If He stood too long (more than just a few minutes), He would begin to sweat and feel just generally miserable. Stairs were a nearly impassable barrier, and we were forever on the hunt for handicap parking spaces so that we could reduce the need for Him to walk distances. In those days, I was pretty much on the run all the time, fetching and providing the various things that He wanted or needed to make life just a little bit easier.

Now, though -- He moves. Never even thinks about it. Just gets up and goes. He has stopped using the handicap parking privilege, and stairs (while still tough on His knees) are no longer a huge problem. We go to meetings and events and He is off visiting and hob-knobbing like the social butterfly that He is by nature. It is wonderful to see.

But, in His newfound enthusiasm for what He can do, He sometimes forgets that He has a slave, and there are times when He gets Himself into trouble... Last week, He decided that He would trim His own toenails. He hasn't done that for Himself in years... I've trimmed His toenails, filed the edges smooth, taken care of all of that business. I've never minded it at all, and I sort of like doing it. For me, it feels good to be able to provide such a simple and intimate service. But, He moves better, and they were getting a little long, so He took it upon Himself -- and He cut one too short. He didn't tell me about it when He did it.

And then that toe started to hurt. He mentioned it to me late in the week, and so, as we were cruising through our weekend schedule, I said, "...and I need to get Your toenails taken care of since they are hurting You." He was a little sheepish when He told me that He'd already done that, and that they were hurting BECAUSE of it.

There was a part of me that felt a bit crestfallen. That is MY JOB! But then He was so "little-boy" chagrined that I had to smile at Him. I love Him so, but I did give Him a very gentle lecture about not forgetting that He has a slave, and perhaps this ought to be a lesson about that... No response, but perhaps He'll call on me for that service from now on.

Oh yeah, and He got all crazy and decided to do a load of laundry on Wednesday while T and I were at work and He was here working at home. Honestly! Maybe we need a Master nanny?
swan

2 comments:

  1. you made me laugh....

    thank you for that

    morningstar (owned by Warren)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impish111:21 AM

    It must be exhilarating, the new found freedom within a new body. I guess he's having fun testing that out, but yes, you can get hurt. If you are both so determined to work though - you have an open invitation to visit here ANYTIME! ;-)

    Please tell T. : still thinking of her and her mom...

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.