Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

8/16/2010

Age = Useless?

I've been contemplating a discussion that started a couple of days ago on Fetlife.  Here's the shortened version of the original post --

How old is too old for a gal to go look for an M/s relationship? ... what do masters do with the old slaves when they aren't useful and attractive to you anymore ... in the end isn't the older slave just going to be dumped for a younger, "better" gal within time? ... there are soooo many hotties ... and they are ... so much more useful and slavey than the older gals?

It is my belief that this was, at least in part, posed in these terms with a deliberately sardonic twist.  I'm convinced that the original poster intended to point out the silliness of assuming that, as we age, we become unsuited for the practice of consensual slavery.  However, even as I acknolwedge all of that, I am feeling a bit driven to stick my chin out and say, "Hey!  Wait just one minute...  Old doesn't equal useless -- far from it!"

There surely are would be dominants and wannabe masters who believe that the purpose of a slave is to provide what my old friend Gabriel Montana (yes, I still miss Him and kaylem) referred to as "blow jobs and butt sex."  Under that line of reasoning, the slave usefulness quotient isn't a whole lot different than that obtained from a minimally functional whore.  In fact, it seems to me that there is a whole lot less risk and effort entailed in hiring yourself a blow job than trying to take on a full time power exchange relationship in order to get that taken care of. 

The fact of the matter is that women who identify as slaves, and live in that reality, are "useful" to their Masters in a whole bevy of ways -- only some of them related to sex (although there are plenty of erotically and sexually useful things that slaves provide too):
  1. they often earn an income and contribute to the financial viability of their households
  2. they clean and maintain the house -- creating an hospitable and comfortable living environment
  3. they provide nutritious and healthy meals, and they do the things that support the healty and well-being of the Dominant
  4. they tend to details like laundry and yard maintenance and the upkeep of cars and appliances
  5. they raise children; attending to their education and social development
  6. they entertain friends, family, colleagues -- acting as the social liason for the household
  7. they support, encourage, cheer, and in other ways empower the Dominant partner to act with energy and conviction in the outside world
  8. they offer focus and attentiveness -- responding to dozens of unspoken and often unrecognized needs and desires day after day
  9. they listen carefully and converse intelligently
  10. they demonstrate a gracefulness and wisdom and integrity that enhances the life of the one they serve
 Personally, I think that the ability to be useful in a whole host of ways grows with age and maturity.  Women with some years on them (like me) may not have the same tight, perky bodies of our 20-something sisters (although there are those who are remarkably attractive well into their older years), but many of us manage to look pretty decent, and we've got plenty to offer outside of the "looks" department.

So.  I'm not sure how old is too old.  Maybe, someday, when I'm using a wheelchair for mobility, keeping my teeth in a glass in the bathroom, unable to hear or see Him, I'll be less useful.  Probably that's the inevitable end of this whole story.  Probably then, we'll both need the help and assistance of some sweet young thing -- she or he will turn us over in bed, and change our diapers and spoon our pureed dinners into our senile old mouths.   Eventually, if we live long enough, I imagine the fires that currently drive our sexual relating will die down.  I hope we'll never lose the urge and ability to reach out to one another and cuddle.  Maybe what qualifies as "useful" depends on what it is that one has use for?  However it turns out, I believe that I've gotten hold of the sort of Man who would never dump me for a younger, "better" gal.  He tells me that I am His -- always and all ways.  This I believe.

swan

6 comments:

  1. Oh..You so often hit the nail on the head...HEAR HEAR!!
    from on of those older gals who is still useful!
    abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is, as well, the fact that as we age so too do our Masters! I have a feeling that means us 'oldies' are appreciated much more than many in the 'fantasy' world of D/s that seems to abound on many of the sites sometimes realise....smiles.

    love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The year I turned 50, J said to me; "I love that you are 50 now, you are that much more beautiful to me." Having grown up in the same generation, we have that much more to talk about and share. I know I am not as agile, thin or firm as I was when I was 20, but I wouldn't turn back the clock for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leonard12:50 PM

    Who cares about "useful"? Oldies are just BETTER.

    Plus you don't have to explain important things like LBJ, Vietnam, Jackie, Barry.

    And our music has (gasp) --words-- you can hear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "They demonstrate a gracefulness and wisdom and integrity that enhances the life of the one they serve." Beautiful! If that isn't enough for any Master, then he deserves to be the loser.

    I have found the age has nothing to do with satisfying the multiple needs of a Master. Love and willingness to do is all that should be required.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also always amused when those "would be dominants and wannabe masters", having last been seen at some event complaining about the advanced age of those playing around them then drop us oldies a line privately demanding we share our experience and skills **grin*

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.