Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

8/11/2010

Say Good Morning?

Years ago, when I had my "emergency" appendectomy, the young (very young) surgeon who was called in for that early morning surgery reminded all of us of Doogie Howser.  For those of you who may not remember, Doogie was the title character in a television sitcom about a 16-year-old, boy-genius turned physician.  My sugeon might have been just that young from my perspective. 

By the time they had me ready to go into surgery, I was pretty well doped out on morphine, and would have consented to just about anything if someone would make the pain stop.  I remember very little immediately prior to the surgery but I do remember the old, grizzled, bearded anesthesiologist dragging Doogie by the hand to my bedside; admonishing him, "It is impolite to go into surgery without at least saying hello and introducing yourself!"  And so I met my surgeon...  It was reminiscent of the lyrics from the Disney version of Alice in Wonderland:


How d'ye do and shake hands
Shake hands, shake hands
How d'ye do and shake hands
State your name and business!

We had occasion to have the "say how do you do and shake hands" conversation recently.  Being together as long as we have been means that there are things that become habit -- patterns that get established.  Patterns and habits can be a very good thing in a relationship.  They make it easier to go through the days and nights without having to contemplate every single move that we make.  On the other hand, some habits can creep along creating their own sets of challenges.  I think that one of the tasks facing people in long-term relationships is to notice when that has occured and find positive and affirming ways to fix the problem.

One of our patterns has come to revolve around what we jokingly refer to as the "alarm cock."  It is our continuing delight that, as we've gotten older, we are still awakened on most mornings by His definitive and insistent morning hard on.  Hooray!  Trust me, this is NOT a thing to be taken for granted.  And so, it has become our habit to wake up, cuddle and mumble sleepy good mornings, and then praise the arrival of a new day with a good old fashioned fuck.  All good.  It is a great and life affirming way to start the day. 

Somewhere along the way, though, in the last bit of time, He began to skip the cuddle and mumble part of the whole business.  It isn't a HUGE issue.  Masters do not have to observe the niceties of these things.  Still, without that drowsy inquiry as to the state of my existence, I found I was "missing" Him.  Just that silly little "Hi, how are you?" felt important in my morning -- way more important than I would have imagined. 

And so I reminded Him, gently, of our friend Doogie Howser, and the social importance of at least saying "hello."  We giggled together at the comparison; wondered where Doogie might be these days; and adjusted our pattern just a bit.  So, now, once again, I am awakened by the insistent poking of the alarm cock, AND a sleepy Master voice saying, "Hi.  Wanna fuck?"

swan

1 comment:

  1. I love your stories of your daily life and routines (even the ones that have nothing to do with sex). This one made me smile, it is always nice to be "poked" awake. Morning sex is the best.

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.