Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

4/05/2007

Feelings about the broken paddle

We are coming through another stressful week, and I remain in a "re-training" and "re-setting" phase as a result of my break with protocols and discipline some days ago. There have been various life issues that have intervened these last days so that the remaining strappings have been put in abeyance. I know that I have two more sets to go. Those will come -- perhaps even this afternoon. Part of me is fearful. Part of me is anticipating the completion of this part and the moving onward.

There remains the need to deal with the paddle that I broke. For me, that is more difficult; more laden with layers. It is not merely a "toy." There was the moment when I heard the dreadful, shocking crack it made as it split. The startling visual impact as the two pieces fell there on the bed with the exposed inner whiteness of the wood starkly contrasting with the stain that had been so lovely and seemingly indestructible only a moment before... There is the, for me, now forever etched in memory moment when I thought that I could simply grab up that sharply pointed, jagged piece, and stab it into Him, and end all my frustration and resentment and agony -- forever (the sheer fury that was in me in that instant). There is the irreplaceable nature of the actual paddle. It was a Hanson paddle -- one made during the time when John Hanson still owned Hanson Paddle Werks, and signed by the man himself. There is still a Hanson Paddle Werks (of course), but John is gone. He tells me that there are replacements on the way, but it won't be the same. Even deeper than that, I broke a piece of our history. That paddle was part of the original training/breaking time that He went through with me in our first summer together. I struggled mightily with that paddle, learning to hate it, fear it, dread it, and ultimately, embrace it as an object that bonded me to Him -- represented Him -- called Him to my mind and my heart as few other things did or ever have since. AND now I have broken it. I have always thought that I would dance on the day that I could triumph over that evil paddle, but I find instead that I am only sadly bereft.
And so, I have come part way through this reset.
I expected to be very hurt and very traumatized. I am not. I am not eager for the pain, and yet I am calm. I feel sure that He will take me through exactly what is needed and appropriate. Somehow, after all that there has been in the last year and some months, I am finally feeling like He has come back to get me from the place where I was lost and left behind. I am completely certain that, whatever this needs, He will figure it out, and make it be alright. Somehow, in the breaking of that poor bit of wood, I found the key back to the beginning and onto the path again.

swan

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:40 AM

    Sometimes destruction is a symbol for rebirth. Like the shedding of the old skin. New, different, yet the same.
    In a symbolic way, it strikes me that you would pick up "that ...jagged piece ... and end all of my frustration and resentment and agony.."
    Perhaps in breaking a piece of your history, you have somehow broken with a piece of the past.

    warm regards & no insult intented
    mel
    (of course I could be (in my own insensitive and intrusive manner) way off and out of line)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know.. mel might have something there..

    i read your blog yesterday and couldn't find anything to say.. and thought best to sleep on it.. now i am glad..

    see what mel says makes sense to me.. it is like the broken paddle is a symbol of all the frustration and anger that had built up inside of you over the past couple of years.. and now that cycle is broken...... and it is time to start fresh......

    i only hope swan ... you can see this incident as a wonderful time of rebirth...

    wishing you - as always - only the best

    morningstar (owned by Warren)

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.