Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

12/23/2008

My Mom ADORES Tom! (and I think he is pretty swell, too!)

Because we are a blended family, we have lots of obligations during the holidays. Last Sunday, we did a dinner at the retirement community where Tom's Dad lives. Tomorrow, Swan and I will prepare the annual Christmas Eve dinner with the 3 of us, Tom's Dad, Tom's son, our Ex-Wife, and our Ex-Mother-in-Law. Thursday we will do Christmas Dinner and gifts with the afore mentioned group, plus Tom's daughter, her partner and Son's girlfriend. That will be held at our Ex-Wife's home. Whew!

And today, is when we exchange gifts and do dinner at MY Mom's. But all was falling apart for tonight. The weather was shitty.... Ice was falling from the skies. Mom called me 2 times at work to express her concerns about us traveling up to her. And finally I relented. I called Swan and told her not to bake the enchilada casserole. I called Tom and told him about the weather at Mom's and how the mailman almost fell on her sidewalk due to the icy conditions. And I cried as I called my Mom and told her we could not safely make it to her, my niece and nephew. I said that they should call me on a speakerphone, so I could be a part of the gifting... And I cried. I cried all the way home from work.

When I got home, the 3 of us shared the enchilada casserole I had made to share with the rest of my family. It is one of my Mom's favorites, I made it for her....and I cried. Tom was doing everything he could to cheer me up. He came up with all sorts of ideas to get me to my Mom's...even leaving here at 1am and opening presents with her at 2am! And then he got all Domly with me and said "The hell with it! I have driven in worse than this. We are going!" .... and I cried.

We packed it up and headed north to my Mom. Picked up my niece and nephew and we went to her house. Took us 4 tries to get into her driveway because of the severe icing. But she was thrilled and I was VERY touched that Tom did all of this for me....and my Mom.

We have been home about 30 minutes. And about 20 minutes ago, Mom called to make sure we got home safely. And to tell me "We got ourselves a good one. Tom is a wonderful man and we are lucky to have him."

Yes, Mom. We are indeed lucky to have him. There are days that I want to strangle him when he is being a poo-head (not very subby of me, I know). And then there are times that he is forgetful or preoccupied and I am not the first thing on his mind. And then there are these precious times that he goes beyond reason to make me happy and to care for my family. I cannot express my gratitude for Tom's presence in my life.

During this season of giving, we are often too caught up in the actual presents, and fail to see the gifts before us. Tom is our gift. Swan and I are blessed to have him in our lives.

I love you, my B-B. You bring joy to my life and fill my heart with love.

Mores & Mores,

T

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:01 AM

    What a beautiful posting T. You are right, we can often get so caught up in the material things that we don't always give enough thought to the truly wonderful gifts before us every single day.

    And hey....you're in very good company....there are times I want to strange M too, but I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world!

    love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:54 AM

    You have such a lovely family. We are all poo-heads at times, it's true, but the three of you have a real treasure there and recognize it. What a special thing in today's harsh world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love to listen to women gush about their men. Makes my heart smile. Thank you for sharing. *smiles*

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.