Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

2/04/2009

Prickly


This is us. We are all just as raw as can be and "prickly" seems to be the best word I can think of to describe our relatedness these days. We growl more than we should, and we find places to be tender or offended or pissed off way more than is normal for any of us. There is a wealth of criticism being flung around our family circle -- seems no one of us is doing anything well or right or in a way that makes everyone else happy.
I really do believe that this is nerves and stress and worry manifesting between us all, and I am hopeful that it will resolve itself as we get to the other side of this surgical hurdle. I'm just worried that we might all KILL each other before we get there -- probably over something critically important like which way the handles are pointed on the teacups at the dinner table... Good grief!
swan

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:56 PM

    Hi Swann:
    I just love that picture. I know that I feel that way many times. Stress and worry can make us all prickly, you are absolutely right. I just know that once the surgeries are behind you all and you can move on to healing...the prickly stuff will just fade away.
    Sending my good thoughts and prayers to your family.
    Take care
    AG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Swan,

    I, too, love the picture and can relate to these times when everyone seems at each other's throats over silly issues. But they do indeed always fade away, leaving only the love that binds us together eternally, through thick and thin, prickly and silky!

    Big hugs to you all,
    Tiggs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:44 PM

    Oh, Swan, I'm so sorry, and I'm sure it doesn't feel nearly as cute s that picture. I can imagine that everyone is all rough edges as they wait for their own portion of your family's trial. Often, the closer it gets, the harder it gets to wait. You will all be fine, a wonderful new life is waiting for you all on the other side...it's just not always fun making your way through. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:57 AM

    Soft hugs....this too will pass lovely one.

    love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I'm a little late to this conversation... Just wanted to add a word or two.

    Tom recently wrote on my blog that he would see me as irrational if I WASN'T anxious or scared about my surgery! Same goes for all of you. Surely talking about the fear is much better than holding it inside.

    And boy howdy - my illness has been very stressful on my marriage... and on my son as well. I'm sure everyone is tired of me being on the injured list. As wonderful and supportive as they both have been - we have had plenty of prickly days. I just don't think there is any way around it when you are dealing with such a malady. You should probably expect more of them:)

    My best advice is to keep remembering the bigger picture - that you are ultimately doing this for long term health. Make that your mantra and repeat it frequently. It has helped me through my ordeal.

    I'll be reading with anticipation to see how the story unfolds. Sending positive thoughts your way. Hope you have an enjoyable weekend and NCSF. I was glad to read that liberty prevailed!

    jojo

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.