Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

7/21/2009

Inspiration and Questioning

Maybe other bloggers run into the same thing I do... it is a sort of writer's block with a twist (imagine that -- a twist right here in the heart of twistedness). The broad outlines of my "what to write next" problem seem to go like this: In the summertime, I have much more "free" time, and you would think that would cause way more (and possibly way better) writing to occur here -- but in the summertime, there is hardly anything happening from day to day. I get up with Master, help get Him ready to go off to work, and then occupy my time with whatever project I am focused on at the moment. Life gets more "full" once school starts, but then there's little time or energy to write. Usually, during the school year, if I can think of things to write, I "stack" up pre-written posts over the weekend, and schedule them to happen throughout the week.


In December, it will be five years since I started writing in this format. Sometimes I wonder what there is still to say... Then I stumbled over this interesting site. I was intrigued at first because it reminded me of my son in his early adolescent and pre-adolescent years. He was a huge Garfield fan. Garfield Minus Garfield is a site dedicated to removing Garfield from the comic strips in order to reveal the existential angst of Jon Arbuckle. Without the Garfield character, the strips take on an entirely different, sort of disturbing quality. I like this one... It seems to speak to the essential, and often unspoken, question of those of us who blog...

Exactly! I am continually surprised that so many continue to listen to me ramble on and on about this and that; the "that is how I spent my day" stuff that is the bones of this place. What is it, I wonder, that keeps people coming here? What is it that people get from this? What is so worthwhile that people are willing to invest the time and the energy? Things to wonder about on a lazy day in the middle of the summer...


swan

8 comments:

  1. I read because I like reading your blog. =) No other reason :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's less about what you say, though both blogs are interesting to me, and more about how you say it. It's also how open you are. It's just neat to peek into someone's life.

    sin

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an interesting perspective, swan. I love Garfield, but John alone is disturbing.

    I find that when I am away from work and have plenty of free time, I have little inclination to write because there's so much other stuff to do around the house or outside. When I'm at work, I get bored, and my mind wanders to possible spanking topics. I get very productive then, just when I shouldn't be!

    I always find your posts interesting, either because I can completely identify with what you're saying, or because I can't possibly imagine myself in a similar situation.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a submissive woman living with a dominant man and you write well and intelligently. And that's what I like to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:39 PM

    Ditto what Amber said!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Impish110:55 AM

    First because I was learning, then cuz you were interesting, now cuz we're sorta buds...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:53 AM

    I keep coming back because you're so honest and so articulate. It's not some bizarre sugar-coated, rose-colored, crack-infused fantasyland. There's struggle and emotion and love and it's both raw and compelling.

    Friendly & Curious

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's because you are real. you're not afraid, any of you, to reveal the realities of life - warts and all - and that is so utterly refreshing in the world of the internet crappola.

    you offer insights and other times, I can just bloody empathize with dilemmas, issues and/or places where you feel you screwed up.

    It is not that it makes any of your readers feel superior; it is simply that your reality reassures us that OUR realities are, in the scheme of things, like YOURS - real and as such, problems can get solved, people with all our myriad little quirks are just fine to be who we are.

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.