Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

7/04/2009

Knife Play

Shy girl asked us to elaborate on what we mean when we talk about "knife play..."

Knife play, like so many other practices in the wide world of BDSM, is a highly variable activity. Generally, play with knives is considered "edge play." Of course it is.


Knives have great psychic impact. I doubt that there are very many people who don't harbor at least a twinge of fear of a well fashioned blade. Knives can kill you, and that alone makes them objects with import.


Master collects knives; has collected knives for years and years. I don't have any real idea how many knives He owns, but I am very sure that His collection numbers in the many hundreds. He is never without at least a few knives. He carries them in His pockets, on His belt, in His wallet, on a chain around His neck ... heck, He sleeps with them clipped to His underwear! This photo shows just a handful -- some of His favorites.





For us, knife play is some admixture of sensual stimulation, mind games, and occasional mild pain play -- although He has never cut me when we've played (except for the cutting, and that was an intentional event -- not really knife play). A knife is a very versatile instrument for creating physical sensation. Knives have a point, a cutting edge, a back edge, and a flat face. Even the handle can be a source of interesting sensations with some knives. Generally, if He plays with me with knives, it involves Him running the knife along my skin, tracing welts, poking with the point, tickling. I know He won't cut me, and it is still an interesting mental game -- lying still and absorbing the intense sensory stimulation that the cold blade can create. Occasionally, with some of His larger knives, He's even inclined to use them as spanking implements, and that is flat scary! Most often, He will trace the scar lines of the cutting with His knife. Feeling Him moving the tip of a blade across those very sensitive marks on my shoulder blade takes me deep into my most submissive self, as I relive the night when they were first cut into my flesh. If I am feeling fussy or unsettled, that one simple act of tracing the cutting can calm me and center me...

So, when we talk about "knife play," that's what we are referring to -- a shared enjoyment of the knives that give Him such pleasure. Ours is not the extremely high end, edgy variety of knife play that one occasionally sees in dungeons. It is, however, a fine and delicate practice carried out with all the expertise that He possesses, and shared between us with a huge dose of pleasure and joy.

swan

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Swan! I appreciate the explanation! Actually I felt really honored that my question inspired a whole post! :) Hope U & urs had a great holiday!
    S.

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.