Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

7/22/2009

Not Gonna!

Hot flashes...

Night sweats...Nightmares...

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

That has been my story for the last couple of nights. I haven't slept well as a result of my seemingly unpredictable bouts of "old lady" hormonal issues.

Now for those of you who just delight in jumping in to let me know that I'm not for real; a poser; or just a flat out BAD slave, this is your chance. Because, this morning at 6:30, when we woke up to a steady downpour, and He declared that He was going to walk on the treadmill (instead of our usual trek through the neighborhood), I was more than happy to wave without even opening my eyes. I think He might have said, "I'm going to go use the treadmill, you just sleep," but who knows?

I did get up and fix His breakfast when He was done. I did do all the usual things that I do to get Him sent on His way to work. Later, when the rain stopped for a short interval, I even got myself out and did my own walk time.

But no, I did not even feel guilty about rolling over and trying to catch a few more Zzzzzz's at 6:30 AM.

swan

6 comments:

  1. I truly sympathize! I just quit my hormone replacement and I'm doing the on-again-off-again thing with the covers at night. I slept until after 7:00 this morning which is late for me, but it felt so good to catch up on sleep! I hope yours improves soon. It's the pits! Meow

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i don't have the night sweats or the hot flashes or the nightmares.. but swan i can tell you i have not been sleeping well at ALL since i finished work.. and it is driving me NUTS !!

    oh the joys of growing older..

    morningstar (owned by Warren)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:55 PM

    I sympathize with you and Meow...the on again off again covers...I only wear cotton nightwear because it is absorbant...not so sexy, but WTF, I just want to sleep!!K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:09 AM

    Hang in there dear Swan :-) I know it's a rough ride some days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a poser or bad slave at all, because I know that had Tom told you to get up and go walk with him (or do anything else for that matter) you would have gotten up and done as you were told. But since you were told to get some more sleep, you were being very obedient. Good girl!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Impish110:43 AM

    Good slave - taking care of his property! The sleep thing is the pitts; I always say I gave up sleep for menopause (like giving up something for Lent). It's really been my most irritating, and relentless symptom. So, not bad slave - good slave, and real woman.

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.