Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

1/06/2006

Can't Dance...Don't Ask Me!

This morning I was listening to the "Today" show while I was showering. Often it is some stupid crap about Katie's latest shoe shopping binge or "Where in the HELL is Matt Lauer?" but today they did a thingie about how women are attacted to men who can dance. And I practically fell to the shower floor hysterically nekked! The gist of the theory is that women, not unlike goonie birds and the like, are attracted to the dance of their mate. Ok...I get that. We are all ANIMALS, after all. Pretty plumes, glittery gems, a man who can trot like Travolta...

Now let's backtrack a few years... It is time for my "ahem" 25th Reunion. Tom galantly says he will suffer thru' the dinner/dance (see where this is heading, doncha?) as the wonderful fiancee he was. We went. We drank. I hated it. He talked and entertained himself with the other "dates". And THEN..... MUSIC! Not just your basic listening music...not just the kind of music that you can ignore in the background....oh, noooooo.... (shiver) DANCE MUSIC! The kind that starts the tooties-a-tappin'. The kind that brings out the primal "Oh Baby, wanna see you shake yer wild thang" instincts. And of course, having never danced with my beloved, I smiled sweetly (as all petite delicate flower of submissiveness are wont to do) and said "of course, my darling dearest man." We clasped hands.... walked to the dance floor... took our places... I started to dance...and looked up to see Tom go into convulsions! I am sure it was convulsions. I cannot imagine that anyone would subject their body to such painful contortions unless they were epileptic or had a debilitating muscular disease. I covered my mouth with both hands, laughing and cried.....hysterical tears. He had to take me off the dance floor. I think this was one of those time I knew I loved him. He can't dance. But he suffered thru' that sucky dinner with strangers for me. And I still laughed at him....OUT LOUD...in front of those strangers. And then we left and went out for beers at a nice micro-brewery..... that didn't allow dancing.

So there are must be women out there who are attracted to the mating dance. I always thought that Fred and Gene were pretty spiffy. But give me a man with a great heart and a sexy scar any day.

I saw that scar from across the room and just HAD to say "Hi!".

T

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:07 PM

    What a lovely memory T, often the foundation of a good relationship.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs.
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:43 AM

    Dear T

    You write so seldom but you write so good.

    Makes me think of a period M and I went through that we always refer to as Vie’s ready

    We loved to square dance (modern western). We did it a lot. We got real good at it.

    Thing about dancing is that most couples that do it are there because the husband likes it. Women will put up with almost anything as long as they can do it with their dear hubby. There was a couple in the beginner’s class and the man simply loved square dancing. Poor Vie, however, was a clutts. George would go off into a transport of delight every time the music started and leave the other six people in the square to hand the poor woman from one to the other in a desperate attempt to keep things going.

    Vie was no better at the end of the year than she had been in the beginning. Everyone tried (delicately) to suggest to George that, rather than going on, it might be best if they repeated the first year. George never seemed to get the message, assuring everyone the “Vie was ready!”

    Lost track of them over the years but I like to think that Vie eventually acquired a gun and blew George’s head off.

    Jack

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.