Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

1/25/2006

Practicing


I see my doctor on Friday. It will be four weeks. I wish I could say that I feel ready to go full speed again, but I know that is not the truth. I am clear that I am really not ready to go back to school. I just don't have the energy yet. Unless something miraculous happens in the next two days, I am just not going to be ready. I'm going to need another week, and much as I hate it, I'm going to have to have the integrity to say so. Damn!

That's the easy part.

Most likely, there will be some verdict rendered on whether or not we can resume normal, garden-variety, "vanilla" sexual relating. Good old fashioned, "Hop on Pop" style sex. I have all my fingers and toes crossed for an affirmative on that one. I am way beyond hungry, horny, ready to go... Could we get a "start your engines" please?

More easy stuff. Inscrutable, Chinese doctor Lady has been getting the sex question from me since before the surgery, and at every opportunity since. Nothing too tough with that one.

Here's where it gets a little heavier, from my perspective... This is the doctor/patient conversation that I am anticipating, mulling over in my head, scripting, practicing, and hyperventilating over:

"I am embarrassed about asking this.
But I need to know and I don't know who else to ask that I can trust.
My partner and I used to really enjoy vaginal fisting. We were really careful about it, and it was something that gave us both great pleasure and joy and intimacy.
In the last year, I came to be unable to tolerate it because the fibroids just made it too painful to tolerate. I've missed it terribly.
Now, I don't know if I will ever be able to tolerate it again. I don't know, with this surgery, what I can expect. I don't know how my insides are arranged any more, what sort of capacity or structure there is.
I don't want to do harm, and I am so uncertain.
Please, help me to know what I can do to return to full sexual functioning? What can we enjoy again as a couple? Will we ever be able to engage in fisting again?"

If I live through that and come out the other side still breathing, it will be nothing short of miraculous if I can hear what she tells me. I wish I had an old fashioned tape recorder. Honestly, I feel like a 12 year old just dealing with my first menstrual period. This is crazy.

It isn't like this business of fisting is something I've never shared with anyone. I've been fisted in public for goodness sake, and more than once! I'm not really that shy about the actual act. I think that it is the notion of talking about it with someone who is "official" and "mainstream" and has the potential of judging. For me, the experience of fisting has always been not only enormously intimate, but also something that has been very closely connected with the part of my life that is NOT "vanilla." I am terrified that it may forever be gone as an option, and that the final removal of that part of my life may come with a scintilla of judgment that will make that even more painful. I am anticipating the loss accompanied by that psychological slap...

I so hope I am wrong...

Practicing my little speech... Trying to be ready. Trying to calm my mind, so that I can do this and get the information that I need to have. I just need to get to and through Friday. And in my head, all I can hear is a steady drumming of "Please, please, please, please..."

swan

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:52 PM

    Don't worry too much, Inscrutable Chinese Doctor Lady has probably heard and seen it all if she did any of her training in a major hospital.

    As a nurse who's also had the same surgery, I can tell you that Chances Are Very Good. That said, I will caution that that particular activity should probably be down the road a considerable piece and gone back into slowly to allow the tissues to stretch out gradually, kind of like a muscle that hasn't been used in a long time.

    On the other hand, look what you have to look forward to...almost like being a virgin all over again! < weg >

    ReplyDelete
  2. swan: quick funny story to tell you which might relate .. and then again maybe not...

    Two years ago i went to a new lady doctor... It was time for a full general checkup .. including pap smear. We did the whole history thing in her office... and i answered questions that a couple of years ago would have embarassed me...

    Then she sent me into the other side of the room to strip and get ready for the exam..while she filled in forms.. my heart was pounding... i called out to her.. "There is one other thing i think you should know"... "yes??" she answered... "welllllll you see" and she walked into the room. Now i was all prepared to tell her with a wall dividing us.. but now we were face to face.. i swallowed .. gulped actually .. and raced ahead.. "i am pierced".. doc is washing her hands.. "yes??"
    "ummmmmm well pierced as in .. ummm.. my clit hood" She turned and looked at me with eyes wide open!! "Well" she said " that is the first time I have heard of that.. I thought you were gonna tell me your nipples"....
    Fast forward to her sitting at the foot of the table..my legs up in the stirrups... and nothing is happening....... NOTHING.... then she says.. " I am not sure what to do... the ring is hanging down and I don't want to hurt you".. i started to giggle and reached down and pulled the ring up out of her way...... a few minutes later .. while she is inside scraping around she says "welllllllllll I must admit.. your jewelry is very nice ... and certainly gives me something different to look at"... i giggled all the way home.......

    i hope you get through this "talk" with your doctor and come away with a big sigh of relief.. if not a giggle or two...

    morningstar (owned by Warren)
    http://wtsubbie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:36 AM

    Somebody should insist that bdsm practices become a class in med school. It's really not that uncommon and we shouldn't feel so darn intimidated to be asking these things.

    Good luck swan... I'll keep my crossable parts crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lynlass -- I hope you are right about the chances for this to be good again. As to being a "virgin" -- this is one area of my life where I'd rather not achieve that status again. As I recall, the journey to successful fisting was not easy in the first place. However, I'll do what it takes to get back there. Anything, anything. Please, please, please -- it is worth anything!!!

    morningstar -- thank you for sharing your story. I will tuck it away and keep it close. It will shore me up and give me the "heart" I need to get through (I hope). After all, what is a little embarassment? The "goal" is the thing. Yes?

    kaya -- you are right, there should be a course, but in the absence of that, I suppose it is up to us to do the educating. Or at least the opening of the doors and the eyes.

    kaylem -- I've used that trick a million times. Sometimes it actually works. However, I'm not sure it works when I'm naked! I'll get back to you on that variation.

    Thanks to you all for all your good thoughts -- you too, schiava, Dear.

    hugs, swan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just want to wish you luck swan and I'm hoping you get the answers you want and need. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:47 PM

    Can’t help but empathise with your problem with the doctor.

    The first female doctor I ever went to was a tiny little Chinese lady. I don’t know exactly what I expected but she was an endocrinologist so I kinda expected lots of blood tests and things like that. I began to understand the truth of the matter when she stripped me down and subjected me to the most thorough physical exam I had ever endured. The penny really dropped when she kindly said “now lets get a good look at those testicles.” .. Endocrine glands - Testicles. How did I ever miss the connection? A measure of how embarrassed and nervous I was is that it wasn’t till the next day (She put me in the Hospital.) that I noticed that this 100 pound person was almost 9 months pregnant. The dear lady has cared for me for the last 15 years now and I can always get a rise out of her by insisting that I she scares me half to death.

    As for telling your doctor.. You aint going to say anything that’s likely to shock her. I simply wrote down what I felt my physiologist needed to know about my spanking fetish. That way I managed to get across exactly what I wanted to say, rather than stumbling all over myself trying to talk about it.

    Get well!!!!

    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jack -- I have seriously considered that strategy of writing my whole little speech out and handing it to her. Not very "grown up" but perhaps more likely to get the words out in some sort of reasonable order. Otherwise I'm afraid it is likely to come out sounding like, "fisting I can we need anytime ever EEEEEKKKK?"

    swan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:38 PM

    Hi swan,
    good luck for tomorrow.
    Hugs.
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:30 PM

    Sea

    What do you mean "so bad idae"?

    I think it was a damned good idea!

    Jack

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.