Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

1/11/2006

Chicken

I've been mulling all sorts of things that I could write this morning. Very "heady," intellectual sort of pieces about things that don't get close to anything very important to me...

I've also been cruising around reading at various blogs, making comments, and commiserating about how many of us seem to share some commonality of experience at one level or another.

Avoidance behavior. I'm not writing what is really on my mind.

Because I'm scared. Again. Or maybe still. Or something that's a combination of the two of those for which I don't really have a word.

Friday is my post-operative checkup with the doctor. I'll get the stitches removed, and I'll get the first "official" report on how things are on the inside. The way I understand this, I should get cleared to resume my "normal" activities. That probably doesn't include intercourse, and I'll still have restrictions about lifting anything above a certain weight, but I should be able to drive again, and I should be able to get back to a more or less regular set of activities. I think I remember the doctor saying that the time frame for intercourse was something like six weeks...

So.

Scared.

Because, "normal activities," around here includes of course, SM. And I'm hungry, even starving for that part of our life, and scared about beginning again with this new body. Because I have visions of scaffolding up around the insides, of things hanging from baling wire and duct tape, of lose pieces only tenuously attached... I just don't feel very secure about the physical integrity of my "self," and that makes the idea of IMPACT very scary. I can't shake the image of cutoff, open pipes kind of just sticking out into the darkness, waiting to kind of come away from their moorings and start spraying every which way, like some bad cartoon...

I know I'm supposed to trust. I know that I need to remember that I'm His, and then turn it all over to Him. I know that I'm supposed to give Him what He needs in order to take care of me, and then let the rest go. I just don't know how to know what it is I need to know about this so that I can tell Him what He needs to know.

I don't think it is prudent to ask the doctor if "normal activities" really does include spanking, paddling, caning, strapping, and whipping. I know there are people in the community who have health care professionals who are Kink Aware and/or Kink Friendly, but for the most part, I think most doctors have obligations to report such activities as potential or suspected abuse. That's a risk I'm not willing to take, and a compromising position I'm not willing to put my doctor in.

So. He'll decide. Based on what I tell Him, of how I'm feeling. He'll proceed as He sees fit. He'll take care of me. I know this. And I am hungry. And I am scared. Really.

swan

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:39 PM

    Your fears are quite understandable swan, trust in Tom, he loves you and will do what's best for you.
    I'm sending you healing, hope that's OK!!
    Hugs.
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. know what i remember swan?? years and years ago i had abdominal surgery.. 6 weeks recoup time i was told... i don't remember how long it really took.. what i do remember was running into the bedroom one day and jumping on the bed.. and then thinking HEY !! i am all better. It just kinda happened when i wasn't looking... i got all better when i wasn't looking - go figure...

    i personally believe you will just know when you are better and there are no bits and pieces hanging about inside... they will all be nicely healed and back where they should be.... (which ok.. i admit.. isn't a whole mess of help or encouragement.. but it is the best i have to offer sighhh)

    morningstar (owned by Warren)
    http://wtsubbie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweetheart, my god, are you possibly really believing that somehow we would resume S play Friday after you are barely able3 to resume the most routine normal daily activities? Have you forgotten I cherish you way more than my need for gratification, or that caring for you is my gratification.

    I know you want to play again. I know I want to desperately too. We will. We will when it's safe.

    I cannot imagine resuming that before you are ready to resume intercourse, and perhaps not then.

    I love you. I miss you in that way and I know you do me too.

    We are going to have decades of SM...decades of drmatically improved health when this is done.

    Just think sweetheart, you have nothing to fear from me for weeks and then you can look forward to a sincere blistering:)

    I love you so much.

    Mine alwyas and all ways:)

    Tom

    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:15 AM

    Awww.. how swoony is that??

    Sounds like you have nothing to worry about swan...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:59 PM

    In my opinion, even without being kink friendly... you can ask your Dr about non specific sex things in more general terms. Excepting actual intercourse, ask him if rough play is acceptable. you don't have to tell him what it involves! Just tell him you like to rough house a bit and see what he says. If he seems ok, tell him that you have a little fun play time you like to do and are things like that ok. You never have to be specific if you don't want to. In general though, if you can't lift things or have sex and have been poked around inside...wait the 6 weeks or so. It's safer. It would be much worse to get set back another month because of starting to early than to wait the full amount of time. Sounds like the perfect time for mind fucks though :)

    I am so glad you are recovering so well :)

    magdala~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ultimately you, and your partner, will just have to go with your gut... a very appropriate phrase at this time, eh? If you suspect your doc may not be the friendliest I would avoid discussing it with her/him. When I had some specific medical/kink questions I found Craiglist's kink forum a helpful place to go. There are probably other e-groups out there as well you could ask specific questions of.

    As for the broken pipes, I think a more curative image would be of a plant that just had some diseased growth pruned off and will now flower in health and vitality!

    Sending you healing thoughts -

    c.p.

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.