Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

1/18/2006

New Master in the House

I've got another Master here.

Actually He's Master's new buddy. He brought Him home a couple days ago. He's been flirting with doing this for a couple months now -- staying away nights -- stuff like that. It's His new fascination with breath play. Now it's official. This beast is here to stay. Living with us. And so, I'll be learning to serve and care for a whole new set of demands... Call this fellow C Pap.

Already I've learned about the morning bath ritual that C requires. All His delicate parts must be carefully washed and rinsed and dried. Seems He's prone to acquiring "bugs" in His -- well... in His tubing. Quite an elaborate and painstaking activity. I'm sure I'll get better at it with practice.

Bedtime, too, is a bit more challenging with C around. He only drinks distilled water at bedtime. Nothing else. That whole tube thing, you know? He also needs to be warmed up before He can do anything else. For 10 minutes. Exactly. If it takes more than 10 minutes, everything shuts down and the whole process has to be repeated. Tricky business.

I'm also finding that I have to do some negotiating to get Master and C to settle down with each other at bedtime. Even though this whole thing wasn't really MY idea, it does seem that Master is a little "testy" about the guy. When it gets right down to it, He fidgets and fusses and fumes. I've got to do some real serious sweet talking to even get Him into the same place with His good buddy. By the time I get all the details worked out, I'm worn to a frazzle, and all nerved up.

Then there's the whole business of learning to sleep with the two of them. Wrestle and fuss and wrangle and tussle. Master threw C out on the floor twice last night. Good grief! Save me, somebody!

I'm sure glad I'm not working just now. I think I would surely collapse from exhaustion. I'm betting this will all settle down eventually... I do hope.

swan

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:19 PM

    swan, having got our interest, I hope you'll tell us what it is.
    I'd guess something to help Tom breath at night.
    Hugs.
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Paul! Yes. You've got it figured out. The CPAP is a Contiuous Positive Airway Pressure machine that is used to treat obstructive sleep apnea. Seems that Himself stops breathing about 17 times an hour during the night -- a pattern that has a number of serious health consequences. CPAP is the treatment of choice, and this new machine is our therapeutic new device for achieving a (hopefully) new level of wellness and vitality for Master. We're looking forward to that benefit, even as we are struggling to adapt to the lifestyle changes that the little devil imposes.

    swan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:42 PM

    I'm fascinated with your poly life. I've been reading for awhile now but I was wondering who does your Master sleep in your bed each night? Or does the days of the week dictate if your master sleeps in your bed or T's bed? Will this new man C sleep in your bed all the time now? Is he also the new master for T or he is just yours. I think you should write a book. Or you could bundle all the journal entries and bind them for a book. You'd be millionaires. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:02 PM

    I though it was a new puppy.

    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  5. anonymous -- C Pap is a breathing machine. Not a person at all...

    swan

    ReplyDelete
  6. jack! Bite your tongue, man! I have been in a trenched battle to avoid the addition of a puppy to my list of responsibilities and now here you are adding fuel to the fire... Careful, Sir... I have my limits!

    swan

    ReplyDelete
  7. My B has sleep apnea, and keeps avoiding going back for another sleep study, even though it has caused him lots of problems during waking hours. He refuses the CPAP and keeps hoping some medication will miraculously appear since he's been told the surgery is near useless in many cases.

    As long as we've known each other, every time he's slept in my bed, he gets a full night of deep sleep and feels refreshed in the morning. He says I have a miracle bed. Doesn't realize that every time his breathing changes, I move him so he starts again without waking up. I figure that's a real example of my service, hahaha

    Hope the CPAP works out for you all... maybe I can use your good luck with it as an example to B :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, I had a friend who had a CPAP machine, what a behemoth. He said he eventually got used to it, but I personally can't imagine a thing blowing air right up my nose all night. Blarg.

    But if it helps apnea, it is certainly worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. randygirl -- welcome! I can understand the reluctance to "give in" and go with the CPAP. It is a formidable beast to accommodate, but when we were first confronted with the apnea diagnosis, we did a fair amount of research, and it really does look like the best treatment option. There are some alternatives, but none of them seem as effective.

    We've survived night three, and while it isn't smooth or easy, we are making some progress. Master is beginning to feel like His breathing is better with it than without it. That is a huge hurdle. The hardest part (other than just getting it set up correctly in the first place) seems to be the first part of the night when He struggles with "relaxing" into it. Hopefully that will just come easier with time...

    If we can get through this part, I really believe it will be a good thing in time.

    Glad you are here.

    swan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Her. Actually, this CPAP is not all that big or cumbersome. It is easily portable and reasonably quiet. The issues are really just adjustment and maintenance/set up. We'll get through all that with some time and practice.

    The consequences of untreated apnea are way much more of a BIG deal...

    swan

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.