Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

5/29/2008

Collar Question

Hermione asked this question in response to my post "Seasons of Slavery:"

I am just curious about the collar you mentioned above. Do you wear your collar to school? If so, is it hidden?

I know I've talked about the collar that I wear in other posts, but this is a direct question that I really probably haven't addressed previously.

I actually wear three different pieces of jewelry that speak to my status as "His." The first is the chain maille collar that He and T picked out for me at an Ohio Leather Fest event several years ago. It is, formally, the collar that we mean when we use the word "collar." It fastens with a simple "S" hook. I also wear a BDSM logo pendant and our Heron totem pendant together on a simple silver chain. The other piece is a striking ring that has 9 stones (a cross between a garnet and an amethyst -- I don't remember the name of the gemstone) in a chevron design on a plain gold band. It was a gift from Master and T just before we made the move to live together. T has one that is the exact match.

I do not wear the collar to school. It is too large to be effectively hidden, and too provacative to be worn at school without causing a stir. During the school week, I take the collar off in the morning when I shower, and put it back on in the afternoon when I arrive home. I wear it throughout the weekend, and during all the holiday times. Unless there is some event where the collar would be "awkward," I wear it at all times outside of the school day.

I do wear my BDSM/Heron pendants to school. Generally, I keep them hidden, but not always. They do not usually evoke much interest. And, I wear the ring. Those two pieces are reminders to me, through the course of the day, as to who I am and to whom I belong.

swan

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, swan.

    Your collar is exquisite! Not what I imagined at all, thanks to 'Subtle times' who mentioned wearing her collar to work; someone remarked that it looked like something you would clip a leash onto. I wasn't expecting a work of art.

    The pendant is lovely, too, and could certainly go unnoticed for what it really means. Our local Masonic temple has a window, about 3 stories up from the ground, that looks very much like the BDSM symbol. Makes me wonder!

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hermione--
    Collars are highly variable. Each partnership that decides to acknowledge their power dynamic with a collar does that differently. It is as much about style as it is about anything else. Just as wedding rings and engagement rings can vary widely, so the "collar" styles of the community are highly variable. It is my belief that the style of collars tends to follow trends or fads. What is "stylish" at the moment does have an impact on what people purchase in this arena.

    We ARE just people, after all....

    swan

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.