Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

5/02/2008

His Time

Have we discussed "TIME" here ever? I don't remember, and I can't find anything that I've ever written on the subject. That's sort of interesting to me, because if there is one major part of my life that has changed because I am His, it is the way I deal with, and react to the issue of "punctuality."



My father, whom I adored, was a man that had a "thing" for being on time. Our family never arrived late for anything. We always left home plenty early to get wherever we were going with time to spare. Even when we vacationed, we left in the early morning, and kept to a rigid schedule. Being on time was a virtue when I was growing up.



Master deals with time from a rather different perspective. He is inclined to believe that being driven by the clock, and obsessing about needing to be "on time" is the mark of a "peon." Since He does not see Himself as falling into that category, He is, as a general rule, entirely unconcerned about the business of being punctual. In fact, the surest way to slow down preparations for departing in a timely fashion for anywhere, is to give Him the sense that I am fussing about the time.

We seldom arrive anywhere on time. In the beginning, it made me absolutely insane. I'd get nervous and fidgety and irritable and eventually enraged -- all of which just made Him move more and more slowly --find more and different ways to procrastinate and dawdle.


He's worked His "Master" magic on me, though. I've come to understand that, when I am going someplace with Him, we go on His time. I do what I can to facilitate our departure and I am always aware of what would constitute a timely arrival (in my estimation), but I've given up the need to make us be "on time."

I've learned that I don't control our time -- don't need to control it. That we will go as we do, and arrive as we will and that will be alright.

So, nowadays, rather than obsessing about how late we are -- or how late we are likely to be, I focus on making sure that we have "enough" time to get ready. I work to make sure that He has what He needs where and when He needs it. I stand ready to hold a shirt, or fetch the appropriate tie, or fix His hair. I gather and organize all the various parts and pieces that He needs and wants -- knives, sun glasses, beverages, computer, planner, coat, etc. I load the car, and pack the lunch, and stand nearby in case I am needed. I work really hard at not seeming nervous or fussy. I may nudge just the tiniest little bit, and very, very subtley -- but I do not push (never a good idea to PUSH a Dominant) and I do not fume and I do not do anything that looks imperious or demanding.


We leave, when we leave, because He has come to be ready -- and then we go wherever we go on His time.

swan

2 comments:

  1. "mark of a peon"...I love that. LOL!

    Really...that's just so cool. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:59 AM

    “Punctuality is the stern virtue of men of business, and the graceful courtesy of princes”

    only lazy peasants are late!

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.