Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

5/29/2008

Two Wives (reprise)

We were preparing dinner last evening when T came through my patio door grinning from ear to ear. "He's a riot," she told me.



She and He had been talking as He grilled hamburgers for our dinner, and the conversation had turned to the subject of our upcoming anniversary. He and I have an "anniversary" of sorts that comes up in the first week of June. It marks the date of my arrival here in Cincinnati to live, after making the move from Colorado. As we finish next week, that date will roll around again to mark six years of my residence here, as part of the family.



As the conversation was repeated to me, T suggested to Himself, that it might be good to get a card for me for that date.



She told me that He looked at her with a look of shock on His face that she interpreted as, "I don't know where to buy a card!" She took pity on Him and asked Him if He wanted her to buy a card for Him to give me. Of course, He replied in the affirmative. Then, because my sister-heart can be a smart alek, she inquired whether He wanted her to buy a card for "their" anniversary (which will happen about 10 days later). He simply looked at her and told her, "No. sue has already got a card for you."


Years ago, as we prepared for His knee replacement surgery, a physical therapist that we were dealing with, got a sense of what our relational configuration is, and asked Him, "why would anyone want two wives?" We laughed about it at the time, but clearly, the answer is that with two wives, a guy never has to worry about buying wife gifts or cards. We take care of that for Him -- each of us buys the gifts and the cards and the flowers for the other one. And then we have Him sign the cards and give the gifts at the appropriate moment. Two wives can take care of each other, and He never needs to worry about it.



swan

6 comments:

  1. And you know what the best thing is? They both do an absolutely wonderful job:) Each of them has had the experience of my shopping for them. (What do you mean you don't need a new hunting knife? You'll enjoy scratching my feet with it. Of course you'll just love this new whip. It will bring us every so much closer when I use it on you.)

    Now they are selfishly pleased that they purchase gifts and cards for each other for me to present. Each of them is a far better gift shopper than I, and a fabulously better gift wrapper. It seems to me that about three years ago we did a post called, "Why Would Anyone Want Two Wives?" This is most certainly a very specific example of one of the advantages of this lifestyle:)

    All the best,

    Tom

    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:39 AM

    Ha, ha, this is funny. I am not submissive (except in the bedroom), and we are not poly, so one of my husband's worse fears would be having to manage two of us. Even he, however sees the benefit in splitting the load; I was teasing him one day when he was "not in the mood" by suggesting we add another husband and he replied "hey, if he brings in another salary and does half the work around here, it's fine with me!". LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. My standard response to "Why would anyone want 2 wives?" is....."It takes a village to raise a Dominant."

    I have NO EARTHLY IDEA how I EVER did it all, the 3 years before Swan became my Sister-Heart.

    Dear God!

    T

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh dear god in heaven... i do love a laugh early on Saturday morning... and laugh i am !!!!

    i LOVED it Heron Clan totally loved it !!!

    swan and T - happy anniversary to both of you when the actual dates arrive.. enjoy the cards .. LOL... ohhhhhhh and please give my best to Raheretic as well.. (she says with a bit of a cheeky grin)

    morningstar (owned by Warren)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always thought what I needed was a good wife in addition to a husband!!!!

    Him

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.