Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

5/13/2008

The "Shape" that He Desires

There is art to deep power exchange. Like a sculptor, a Master works to mold and shape a slave into the form that He can see in His mind. That shaping occurs in a variety of ways, but it does occur. The root experience of consensual slavery may be change.


The behavior changes. The voice changes. The mindset changes. The temperament changes. The focus changes. The physical being may change as well.


Some of this "shaping" occurs naturally and simply as the power dynamic begins to create new experiences and the expectations become known and practiced. Other changes may be more challenging or difficult, and so require active interventions to cause the shift.




I remember that, in the beginning of our relationship, there were times when Master would decide that I needed "reprogramming." Generally that occured when I'd get myself caught up in an internal (mental) monologue that caused me to begin to be self-denigrating or to lose my sense of trust in Him and in our relationship. I'd get entirely wound up with a litany of "I'm too old, too difficult, too tall, not masochistic enough, not good enough, OR I'd begin to believe that He wanted someone else, was tired of me, bored with me, frustrated with me ... Either of those sets of self-talk, would cause Him to intervene as soon as He became aware of them. Generally, I'd find myself strapped down, crying, begging, raging, pleading, promising anything -- ANYTHING. Reprogramming was never a "gentle" thing.




I am well aware that you really can't beat someone into believing they are good or attractive or sexy or accomplished or whatever. On the other hand, I do believe that it is possible to aggressively address self-defeating and negative thinking patterns, and that this may be exactly what a Master does at various points in the process of shaping His "property." I have come to believe that a slave comes to reflect what her Master sees. Sometimes that vision is made clear in words and instructions and requests. At other times, the clarity comes in much more sensory intensive ways.

swan

1 comment:

  1. Hey swan...another really thoughtful post. I liked your point about submission being innately about change. I think that's probably the most important thing to understand about a power exchange....something that newby folks really need to hear.

    To get a bit esoteric about it...I think we, as souls, kinda sign up for interaction. We kind of agree to let ourselves be effected by others when we incarnate. But D/s brings that to an acute experience...rather like dropping someone into a fire.

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.