Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

5/10/2008

Curious about Stats...

We track stats here on the Blog. Between this Blog, and its predecessor, The Swan's Heart, we've put up 628 posts (counting this one), and attracted almost 241,500 hits. We don't really fuss about those numbers much, but we do check pretty regularly about how many visitors we have day-to-day, what they look for, and where they come from. The stats don't drive what we put here, and we are, as often as not, bemused by what causes our numbers to rise and fall. It very often doesn't make a whole lot of sense.


There are some statistics however, that do just fascinate us. When we look at the cities that visitors come to us from, we can often identify the locales of our "friends" and "acquaintances" around the country and around the world. It is great to know that our Blog "home" is a place where people feel comfortable enough to return again and again, and spend time. There are a few people though, who are such regular visitors that we come to feel like we ought to know who they are... We say, ahh there's "Westminster" or "Riverton" or "Massena." Those are places in the world where we have history. Those people come here almost every single day; regular as the sunrise, but apart from our recognition of the places, we don't have any sense of the people behind those statistics. It is really hard to not wonder -- is that somebody that we might know? Someone who might be a friend, or who might know my family? Why don't they ever stick their heads up and leave a comment -- just say, "hi?" Or, if they are reluctant to show up right out here in person, on the Blog, why don't they drop us an email? That would be wonderful, as well.


So here it is, the official HeronClan invitation/plea -- if you are one of these folks, we'd sure like to "meet" you and finally say, "hello."


Massena
New York

Westminster
Colorado

Denver
Colorado

Riverton
Wyoming


Actually, come to think of it, if you visit here, and don't ever comment, today would be a wonderful time to let us know who you are. We can see your tracks. It would be great to have some sense of who is visiting.


swan

20 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:19 PM

    and then there are visitors like me who read you in our RSS reader and rarely visit your site anymore, but read you as often as you post ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Traveler! Good to see you. It has been awhile.

    swan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:31 PM

    i'm not on the list, but it is a chance to say hi. rose from jerusalem israel. been reading and enjoying you all for a long while.
    thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome, Rose! It is very good to meet you. I hope you will stop by occasionally and add to the conversation.

    swan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:21 PM

    dear swan, et al, it is always a pleasure to read you all, even through the hard times. you each bring real presence and honesty and insight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's right folks, we're watching you watching us:) The fact is we really can't tell much about you other than that you've been here, what you looked at, and where you may be from. It is just interesting that we have some of you who are with us daily, who live in places that have played significant roles in our lives.

    And of course we are always glad to hear from any of you whether via comments or email.

    Thanks for reading and if you feel like saying "Hi", please do.

    All the best,

    Tom

    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey cool! You got some lurkers to comment. That's just awsome!!

    My blog doesn't tell me the town anyone is from. I could have got feedburner to tell me all that stuff, but I just didn't want all that info on my readers.

    I think it would be fun to get an idea of the general nearby city though.

    Even on incredibly wicked slow days on my blog, there's about 75 that hit the blog even if I didn't post anything new. That's kinda nice. *smiles8

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Swan et al :)

    Thought I'd de-lurk for a moment (since you asked and all). I've been reading your blog regularly for a while (don't ask how long - it all runs together, ya know?). I can't even remember what random link-click brought me here, but you fascinate me. I have to admit that I don't really "get" your lifestyle but I respect your thoughts and the eloquence of your writing. I appreciate the honest look into a totally different "brain space"...and it cheers me up to know that there is deep kink so close to Lexington :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greenwoman -- ours is a pretty simple stat counting program, and while it doesn't give us people's identities, we can track where they come from and what they do while they visit. It is "interesting" although I don't think it really impacts our approach to the writing very much. We've been writing long enough now that we tend to be pretty solid about "writing for us," and not getting caught in the guru trap.

    swan

    ReplyDelete
  10. devani -- welcome! It is nice to "meet" you. It really isn't necessary that you "get" our lifestyle or even agree with all of it. If you find us interesting, please feel free to read and comment. Or, since you aren't that far away, perhaps you would like to come for a visit someday? :-)

    swan

    ReplyDelete
  11. swan dear - i hope you have more success than i did looking for unknown cities and places.... mostly those i knew..mostly those that comment regularly left their whereabouts...... but i am still stumped by the island in the Pacific... two African states and a couple of Asian ones....... oh well a little mystery is always good - i guess.............

    morningstar (owned by Warren)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous3:12 PM

    hello swan

    i am a submissive and i live in Rochester NY. i read your blog all the time and i check for new posts every day. my reading it started as a request from my Sir.

    submissivebrat (owned by Jonsfirmhand)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello submissivebrat. Nice to meet you. I hope you will join the conversation.

    swan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi swan. I'm from Canada, as you may already know. I usually read via RSS feed, too, so I don't show up on tour stats unless I feel the need to comment.

    But while I'm here, I will comment on a post I read on A Swan's Heart. It was the one in which you told about the little boy who made four signs of the cross instead of the usual three at the reading of the gospel.

    Every Sunday morning, when I make those three signs then stop, I think of that boy, and you, and smile. Very inappropriately, I know!

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there. I am also a frequent reader living in Little Rock, AR. I have been interested in polyamory for years and find your life style interesting. I do not practice BDSM but I enjoy learning about some of the dynamics from your entries. Your struggles and insecurities seem real and universal. I somehow relate to them even though I am more "vanilla" than you. I enjoy your openess and the opportunity to learn about someone different from myself... yet the same. Seems we are all human underneath.

    Thanks. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Andrew and I read often too, but then you know that. Your writing is eloquent, heartwarming and informative on any subject.

    Thanks Tom, Swan and T

    We are in Germany and the UK, yes a bit mad I know!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear morningstar -- so glad to see you, my friend. I do hope you are healing and soon to be up and around.

    Hermione -- thanks for stopping by, and for reminding me of that story. I too, think of that little guy often as I accompany yet another year's worth of children to church each week.

    Hello hil. Glad to see you here as well, and thanks for the good words.

    hugs all, swan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous8:25 AM

    Hi
    Im from Sydney Australia. I have been reading you for a while :)
    I found you through morningstars blog.
    Take care
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Tracy and Jojo -- welcome to the blog. Please feel free to join in our conversations.

    swan

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just finished reading through your blog (this page at least) and enjoyed it very much. Hello from Sidney Ohio!

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.