Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

5/18/2008

"The Dance"

The first time I heard Garth Brooks sing "The Dance", I was moved beyond belief. It was a rough time in my life. I was traveling all the time with my previous career path and had very little time for me. I was removed from a location (that I hated, btw) because one of the employees accused me of being "a Lesbian" and hitting on her. I was/did neither, but the management over me felt it was best to move me to another store. I was stunned and scared and feeling pretty lost. And as I was driving to my new home, this came on the radio...

THE DANCE

Looking back on the memory of
The dance we shared 'neath the stars alone
For a moment all the world was right
How could I have known that you'd ever say goodbye

And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

Holding you I held everything
For a moment wasn't I a king
But if I'd only known how the king would fall
Hey who's to say you know I might have changed it all

And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

Yes my life is better left to chance
I could have missed the pain but I'd of had to miss the dance

.....now granted, after seeing Garth do the video, it had NOTHING to do with what I was going through or the basket-case I was becoming, but it was everything as I was traveling from NY to VA.

There have been other moments in my life where I have had this song travel along with me. It always pops up at the least expected times. And dumps me into a teary-eyed mess. Losses of friends, being raped, being reborn within my BDSM life, finding Tom.

..."Yes, My life is better left to chance... I could have missed the pain, but I'd of had to miss "The Dance""

To get to where I am. With my family, Tom and Swan, and everyone who loves me. I would have missed the pain of everything that came before, but then I would miss the life I have....let's call it "The Dance".

T

2 comments:

  1. T that was so moving, thanks.

    Hil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it neat how music can be such a catalyst for emotion and memory?

    Nice story T. I'm glad you shared it.

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.