Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

10/06/2008

Mirror

M:e wrote eloquently about the mirroring that comes to us from those we relate to -- the power that we can get from being able to see ourselves reflected in the responses and reactions of those who are closest to us in life. It is a powerful post and I was reminded of the power that mirrors have within the practice of feng shui. I wrote some of my thinking in this comment to her post:


I am especially struck by the metaphor of the mirror. We do, all of us, respond on many levels to what is reflected to us from our surroundings, our communities, our intimate friends and relationships.
As I contemplated this notion, I got drawn back to the ideas that come from feng shui about the use of mirrors to direct and reflect and draw energy. Hence, mirrors can open up and brighten a closed or dark space. Mirrors, well used, can enliven a space and create warmth and a deep sense of well-being. Feng shui teaches that we ought to strive to use mirrors that reflect a true and whole image — small, fractured, or multiple partial images can be disturbing and unhealthy. Too, we ought to be mindful of the energy power of our mirrors; keeping them out of the spaces where we seek to be quiet and rested, and reserving them for the parts of our lives where it is good to have energy and power injected.
I think that our choices to enter into power-exchange is very like choosing to use mirrors consciously. I can learn to see myself clearly, to draw energy from my deliberated decisions to live in a particular fashion, to find both quiet and stimulation in the truthful reflection of this most intimate mirroring.


One other thing, that I didn't think of as I was writing that bit, but that seems to also be true of this "mirroring" effect of relationships is this: we ALL are mirrors for one another. So, even as I learn and grow from Master's mirroring of me, He may receive energy and warmth and brightness from what I mirror back to Him. As slave, as partner, as lover, it is essential that I remember to reflect with honesty and love, so that He too, may be enriched by the reflection from me to Him.

swan

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:05 AM

    I'm glad you got as much from reading this post as I did from writing it. I am enjoying being back. I stopped at the point I did because the posting was already quite long, but you are right about us all being mirrors for one another.

    One of things most Masters insist on from their slaves is honesty. It is our honesty which allows them to see the complete landscape of our relationships and allows them to take account of all they see in the decisions they make for our relationships.

    It has taken me a while to understand that, for us, my responsibility is to reflect back to M with honesty and love, even though what he sees in the mirror may occasionally be challenging.

    Just as we are all mirrors for each other, we are also all both students and teachers.....continually learning and growing as we move through the magic of life.

    love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.