Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

12/27/2009

Here I am Again: One More Time Redoing My Life Script

It should come as no shock to readers here that a key aspect of my life, my sensual erotic orientation has focused on a deep seated compulsive need to spank others. It has been that way since my earliest conscious memories, has never left me, or flagged. Throughout my life I struggled to find a way to have this admittedly strange and intense need accepted and embraced by a woman. To have my central sexual identity embraced and loved. For me to be loved despite or even because this is who I am. I have failed again and again. It appears I still am.

I had a long terrible marriage during years that I was for the most part denying and/or trying to "get over" my needs regarding spanking. I did have some relationships, more like friendships, which included expressions of spanking that, while they were never going to progress to becoming in depth loves, provided outlets for expression and respites of acceptance. Brief periods where I didn't appear too sick and wrong to be cared for by another person because of this need.

Eventually there was (thank god) my divorce and then there was t. She was part of the BDSM community and embraced me as who I was. She loved me. All of me. She did not work around my need for spanking, she loved me because of it. She participated in it. She loved me totally and cared for me and gave to me as no one ever had. We had this two years of wonderful bliss which ended in her becoming horribly ill and almost dying. Our fairy tale appeared likely to become a tragedy. Amazingly, against all odds, she survived and recovered her health. There was one unfortunate casualty, one negative permanent side effect. She had in all the pain she lived through lost her eroticization of pain. She no longer could tolerate spanking. She didn't hate spanking, or think it was wrong, in fact she wished she could still be part of it. But she could not. Our life in terms of my sensual erotic orientation was ended. We still loved each other and were hugely dedicated to each other as we remain today. But there was to be no further spanking between us (at least not with me as Top.) She encouraged me to find others to express this need. She liked friends from the BDSM community and embraced the women I played with whom she laughingly labeled her "stunt butts." Life seemed pretty good compared to my fear that I would lose her all together and be plunged back into loneliness.

As she had been ill I had found in an online DD LISTSERV I was part of a woman in Denver with whom I had connected and who had offered me great support. It was swan. Readers here know the long story of how that on line connection became a deep real time friendship, and love and eventually the other part of the love of my life, our family for the last seven plus years. A key aspect of this relationship was that this wonderful woman discovered with me that she was a masochist and was a very high end spanking practitioner mostly on the bottom end of the power exchange. We loved totally and played and connected deeply around our sadomasochism and I was never more fulfilled in my life. It was clear in those days that my life included spanking friendships with a number of women. In fact some of her earliest visits to us we had the "stunt butts" in for parties which featured lots of gratuitous spanking so she could meet them and they her.

It has become increasingly clear and certainly never more so plain than in swan's post below that this has changed. swan cannot tolerate me talking about spanking with anyone other than her let alone playing with anyone. Further she has come to increasingly find being spanked to be a process she feels abused in. She feels hugely guilty about it and complains that she is falling short in that she can't do it as well as some imaginary cadre of women whom she feels I spank whom she generally refers to as the "spanking chotches." It is difficult to discount these competitors in that there are no women other than her whom I spank. The fact that they don't exist beyond her fears has nothing to do to prevent them from wrecking our relationship no matter how many times I point out the absurdity of this.

So here I am again. Just as when I was 6 now I am at age 60 unable to find a way to have my inner most identity embraced or accepted. I lack a way to express it or share it and have no alliance with a woman to express it.

I love sue beyond everything. I want to continue with her and of course with t. The fact is that there simply is no way for me to ever be accepted and valued for who I am. I have many "socially redeeming" gifts but there is this fatal flaw in my personality, my character which makes me unlovable and unworthy of ever really being accepted loved by a woman.

So here I am again. I am doubting at this point in my life I really have the where with all or the time and energy to try to begin again.

Tom

8 comments:

  1. I don't know what to say. Perhaps I will just remind you of what you all already know, poly relationships are harder sometimes.

    I wish you all the best and hope you can find your way back to sweetness.

    sin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tom,

    I can relate to your tiredness.

    I also have a relationship with a wonderfull women. We love each other but... I am a quite preverted guy, and she not so much.
    She got involved in the BDSM scene throught me, but, her "level" haven't yet reached mine.
    Só in the last 3 years, part of what identifies me, hasn't been able to express itself.
    And has you, misse it, and need it.
    Sometimes has you I feel I no longer have the energy to keep the "fight" and somehow, someway find a way to reach an equilibrium. Some days, it's all good.

    My option on this path was "simples" I will keep fighting for both of us, until I have no more energy to fight it, and then give a bit of time to see if I trully exausted all possibilities.
    Until totay, that day hasn't arrived, maybe some day will.
    All this words to tell you:
    Don't rush yourself, take a deep breath, go for one or lots of walks.
    Talk with diferente people, do diferent things than the ones you usualy do.
    Give yourself and your girls some time, and then see how it goes.

    Good luck too the 3 off you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart is breaking for you all. I'm almost scared to continue catching up the blogs of the last few days, afraid of what I might read. Master and I will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers and will continue to wish for a happy resolution to all this.

    Master JB & butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't know each other but, the last three posts resonated so strongly for me - I wanted to tell each of you - you are not alone, and it is not that bad. Having been, at various times in the last 15 years, irrationally jealous of the other women my master spoke with or played with, convinced the world and my family would be better off without me, open and happy in poly partnerships (albeit, not long term) - and every possible permutation in between, I know without a doubt that this too shall pass. My life path has mirrored yours in many ways, right down to the his and hers gastric bypasses (ours were done 10 years ago), and in the end what survives above all is the love between my life partner, my husband, and my former master. It has transcended the sex, the S&M, the polyamorous tendencies. And what's left is better than anyone has the right to dream of!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had something wise and helpful to say. Sending thoughts of peace and tranquility to all of you.

    jojo

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH dear...I seem to have missed a huge bit of important goings on with you three since I last read.

    I wish I could gather all three of you in for a hug...

    I sure hope you'll all slow down and breathe deep and just quietly accompany each other through a hard moment while you figure out where the dust settles.

    Be soft and sweet and slow I hope.

    Love to you all three. And surely you all three know that I'm here should any of you want a shoulder or an ear.

    I may have absolutely no wisdom to share but I've got a compassionate ear and a big heart and I'm so happy to share it with you three any day of the week.

    Love to you all...((big hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  7. i don't want to be presumptuous - i have been thinking about these last posts and first, want to say that i hope by the time this gets read, that you have all found a way to resolution with one another.

    my take, which is based on knowing you all through this blog from the very start - is that this has been a year of enormous challenges, healthwise. it was just around thanksgiving that you were so ill, Tom - scary ill, life and death stuff - and there has got to be a reaction - lots of reactions - after such an event. one can't go into crisis mode when there IS a crisis - but afterward, as we all know, that's when the reactions come tumbling out.

    it seems as if this was a year when as you and t transformed because of your gastric surgeries, that your entire family was transformed in all kinds of other ways, too. your closeness to one another, the love that was demonstrated over and over in such profound ways - and more recently, what it was like for all of you when swan went back to colorado to visit with her son and grandson.

    swan didnt have transformational surgery but it sounds as if she is very raw now and needs to be taken care of - again, i want to be helpful and not presumptuous - but i just wonder if what is needed, is for swan to given the space and time to heal and to also weigh in on where she has been transformed, too....i am not suggesting that you haven't done this all along but it just feels as if SHE is the one who needs the light to shine on her for awhile.

    she has described some wonderful spanking experiences with you in these last months. i think it's a time to love bomb her in whatever form that takes for both of you. no one would have thought to walk away from you when you were physically vulnerable - and now that swan is hurting, i know that you and t will gather around swan and help her find equilibrium and in that process, you all will find it as the three of you always have.

    you are all in my thoughts - the best solutions are the ones that work for the three of you - always have been and always will be that way.

    you don't have to begin again - this is just growing pains, healing pains - but part of the journey and the life that the three of you share.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This collection of posts has brought up many feelings of my own, especially in regards to my own D/s relationship. For the first time in my life, I can honestly say that I feel comfortable and confident in the confines of the place I have been allotted in my Master's life, which is much more limited than what sue has. I think that part of my contentment has to do with how hard he has worked to convince me that I am beautiful and brilliant and sexy as hell, and that even as I hold him in awe for so much, there are areas in which this remarkably egotistical man has enormous respect and admiration for me.

    Having SAD myself, in a very serious form, I also wondered as t did whether that might have something to do with swan's reaction. This has been the absolutely worst year for seasonal depression, and all my doctor's other patients showed earlier and more severe symptoms than in the past. And it's nowhere near as bad here in the DC area as in the Midwest!

    But naxie's comment reminded me of something else. A reaction to the stress of caregiving. I have experience with this both personally and through my work, and Tom if any of you want to contact me privately I'll be happy to talk about it more. Ex-hubby #2 has Crohn's disease, and after a flare-up ended I would often have some sort of semblance of a nervous breakdown. It's the stress, which both suppresses the immune system, making physical illness more likely, and makes a mess of our mental health as well. Some people end up with what is finally being identified as PTSD, which can manifest itself in many different ways. After the first big crisis we lived through (he barely lived through it) I was having flashbacks which were only stopped by hypnotherapy. It goes on from there... depression is definitely quite common. Factor SAD into that mix and this kind of reaction is not at all surprising.

    I'm not a therapist, and anyway no one should ever diagnose on the basis of a few paragraphs. But my personal opinion is that you should all stop beating up on yourselves. You've all been through a lot, both together and each on your own, and need healing that is more than just physical. I don't suppose there are any kink friendly therapists in your area who would see you as a family?

    As for you, Tom... oh my goodness, my heart goes out to you. I think that, with all my submission, one of the most precious gifts I offer my Master is love of the whole package. Unlike others, I don't love him in spite of his being a sadist, or except the part that is a sadist, or only because he is a sadist... I love all of him. A person is not a buffet line. And I strongly doubt that these 2 women love you in pieces. Not being able to handle being spanked is not the same as not accepting the part of you that needs to spank.

    Again, you all have a lot of healing to do. But you all also share a mountain of love, and that counts for a lot when you're trying to sort things out.

    Please forgive me if I sound preachy, or have overstepped any bounds. But this all cuts very close, and it hurts to see people in such pain.

    The end of a year is a rather arbitrary milestone, but it's as good as any for marking a time for healing and growth.

    Love to you all,
    o.g.

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.