Contact Info --

Email us --



Our Other Blogs --
We are three adults living in a polyamorous triad family. The content here is intended for an adult audience. If you are not an adult, please leave now.

12/13/2009

Mom Update

SHE IS HOME!!!

On Friday, December 11, 2oo9, exactly 100 days after her admission to Bethany Lutheran Village, I brought Mom home.

She had herself packed before I got to her. I got my orders from the nursing staff, watched Mom hug and cry with all of the staff as we walked down the hall and away from her temporary home and family. And I was there when she walked into her home to stay.

It has been an EXTREMELY LONG journey and certainly not over, but a hurdle jumped none the less.

She still has aphasia and some right hand weakness. She will have in-home PT, OT, and Speech for some time. She is on oxygen and might be for the rest of her life. She can take care of herself, bathing, eating, dressing, and driving her adult daughter INSANE!

From the moment we entered the home, we cleaned....we organized....we struggled to understand. Each and every part of me hurts. My brain is boiled. I have been up and down chairs, I have cleaned out closets, cupboards, bathrooms, done about 8 loads of laundry, gone Christmas and grocery shopping, cooked, organized pills and nebulizer treatments, written
Christmas cards, organized all of the bills and medical reports and I am sure I have missed a bunch of what we did over the past 48 hours to make Mom more comfortable in her home.

My brother has installed grab bars, toilet paper holders, installed a new toilet seat, electrical outlets, hung a TV, rearranged a bedroom, moved a book case and listened to me whine about wanting to run away for 5 minutes.

My niece is living with Mom. On my way home, I got the first of what I expect will be many calls from her hoping I could help translate Mom's request.

I have enough food stocked to feed a family of 10 for a month.

The emotions of leaving her tonight were horrible. I know she is in good and loving hands, but when I left, she said "You go?" With a look like she was scared. I am sure she is not afraid of being left with family, she was just scared I was leaving and that I was the one who had a handle on everything she needs/wants. I reassured her that my niece would do a great job and that I was just a phone call away. I still cried coming home.

Tom and Sue decorated my tree. I just have had no time to even think about it. I came home to a pretty lovely living room and cried over that. I am going to bed. I have taken tomorrow off and will need it to regroup and relax before starting the 2 week countdown to Christmas.

To all of you who have prayed, send good thought and wishes, and sacrificed small animals in hopes of helping my Mom, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am SURE I could not have done this without all of you.

And to my wonderful family.....there is not enough room in my heart for all that I feel for you both. With everything that has happened you have supported me and propped me up when I was about to sink. You are both so very important to me. All my love, all my life to both of you.

T

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:42 PM

    I'm very happy to hear that your mother was released and is home finally. Hang in there sweetie! I know it's very emotional and tough to see your loved one go thru so much.

    Hugs,
    kitten

    ReplyDelete
  2. T - those thoughts and support won't stop now your mom is home.... believe me they won't!!

    Do take care of you as well as everyone else !!

    morningstar (owned by Warren)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out thoughts are still with you and your Mom. I cried a little tear reading this, I don't really know why but it just made me think of what's really important. Thanks for the reminder T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impish18:47 AM

    Oh, T., I'm so happy for you. Thank God for your niece , I wondered what you were going to do when your mom came home. I'm so glad you'll be able to stay in your home. I know you are exhausted and sore. Try to get a bit of rest - mental as well as physical. will continue to root for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im so happy for you all..

    mouse

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm happy for you that she's home T...what a blessing and how wonderful that she can be so surrounded by family.

    Bless you all!

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Enter the conversation with us.