I find that, as I write here, I have a set of "rules" in my head about how to be here. They are rules imposed on my writing by ME. They are my own personal expectations for my conduct and my presentation. All these years spent living inside of someone else's expectation frame, and the minute it becomes "my" choice, I find I have very stringent "rules" all my own:
1. This is not a tell-all blog.
2. I refuse to trash talk anyone here.
3. I will not work to "make my case" or to get readers to "take sides."
4. I will write when and how I need to in order to see my own life, my own needs, my own thoughts, and my own choices clearly.
5. I will cherish those who choose to be here with me, but I will not get caught up in writing "for an audience."
6. I will tell the truth when it is possible to do that without violating any of my other precepts.